Chapter 8

"You did what?" Alex asked as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Kara was sat on the rocking chair rocking back and forth beside the fire in her and the Physician's cottage, "I agreed to be his maid. He was going to execute me Alex, what was I supposed to do?" She said as she brought her knees to her chest.

Alex sat down in the chair opposite her, "And have you told Lena yet?" She asked throwing a few twigs in the fire, trying to keep it lite.

The Blonde shook her head, "No when I went to Lena's chambers she was out cold. I didn't want to waken her." Kara said with a sigh as she ran a hand through her hair, "What am I supposed to do Alex? I like being around Lena all the time but Mon-El, he's...arrogant, rude and an absolute pig." Kara said as looked into the fire.

"Well you thought Lena was all those things too before you got to know her. May Mon-El's the same." The Brunette said as stood up and gave Kara a reassuring hand on her shoulder before wandering off to her bed.

The Blonde mumbled an incoherent, "I doubt it." As she stayed by the fire the rest of the night.

===

"I need you to polish my boots, wash my cape, clean out my horses, mend my shield and sharpen my sword." The Prince said as he paced up and down his chambers rattling of the different chores he had lined up for the maid, wiggling his finger every time he mentioned a chore.

Kara only nodded in response as she stood in the centre of the room, taking in everything the Prince was demanding of her.

Mon-El stopped in front of his new maid, "Oh and word of warning. Go anywhere near my bride to be and I'll have your head mounted on a stick. I've seen the way she acts around you and I will not have that happening on my watch." He warned with a cold and malice look before exiting his chambers.

Kara stood there trying to hold back tears that threatened to fall, she hated the aspect of not being able to talk or even see the Princess because much to her dislike she had fallen for the Princess's flirtatious and seductive manner.

===

Lena and her other maid, Jess, had just finished the Princess's daily morning ride and were making their way up to Lena's chambers.

The Princess suspected that her blonde maid had over slept and was waiting for her in her chambers but as they walked in expecting to see the blonde maid, they met by the Daxam Prince nonchalantly examining her things, "What are you doing in my chambers?" The Princess asked as she heard Jess click the door shut.

Mon-El smiled at the Princess, "I have came to ask you to join me for dinner." He said as he came to stand in front of the Princess.

Lena eyed the Prince, "Not until I've found out where my other maid is. Have you seen her by the way, Kara. She's blonde, you know wears-" Lena began as she crossed her arms over her chest.

A wide smile came to the Prince's face, "Your maid is now under my employment." He stated while leaned up against the table, "I think it's best for you both that she's now working for me seeing as we are to be married." He continued as he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Lena's brow furrowed in confusion at the Prince's statement of taking her maid, "You can't just do that. She is a citizen on Camelot and she does not have to do a word a Daxam says unless instructed to." Lena said, her tone rightfully angry. She moved from standing in front of Mon-El and walked to the side of the table and placed her sword on the table.

The Prince let out a small chuckle, "Actually I can and besides it was her choice." He stated, "So will you dine with me tonight?" He asked as he turned to face the Princess taking her hand in his placing a small kiss on her knuckles. The feeling of his rough upper lip causing Lena to cringe.

Lena took her hand back from his, "No, not until I know that Kara is back under my employment." She said as she crossed her arms over her chest and put all her weight onto one hip.

"Why is this maid so precious to you? She's only a maid, I understand having a little fun but she isn't worth anything more." Mon-El asked his frustration building at the Princess's attention was more directed to a maid then him. He squared up to the Princess.

Lena doing the same to the Prince, "She is worth more than your sorry ass and what? You're angry with her because she made a truthful comment a the feast last night so you forced her to be your maid. Is that it?" Lena spat as she stood back gauging his expression.

The Prince raised his eyebrows, "I did not force her, it was her choice. If you chose to be believe she was forced then that's a burden on your part, "He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder for comfort but the hand was immediately knocked off, "Now whether you like it or not we are to be married, so we can either do this civilly or-" Mon-El began to say but was swiftly cut off.

"I'll take the latter thank you very much." The Princess said as directed for him to leave, "Now you can either leave by yourself or I'll inform the guard." She informed him and Jess opened the door. Mon-El wore a scowl before storming out of the room leaving the Princess with her maid.

Jess walked over to the very angered Princess, "M'Lady I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for Kara's change." The maid said as she began to put away Lena's sword.

The Princess sat down in her fur lined chair, "Yeah Mon-El forced her, but I-I thought she liked me." Lena trailed off as she rubber her temples.

Jess smiled as she came over to the Princess's side and pulled a chair up to her side, "M'Lady, do you like her?" Jess asked as she had a knowing look on her face.

Lena furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, "Of course I do she is, or was, my maid I mean come on I like you." Lena said as continued shaking her head.

The maid smiled at the Princess's antics, "I know you like me M'Lady but I mean do you have feelings Kara?" Jess asked again and the Princess only responded with a nod. Lena was always terrible at lying to Jess and Jess always knew when the Princess was lying.

"Well M'Lady I think you need to go talk to Kara, otherwise you'll worry yourself sick if you don't." Jess said as she guided the deep in thought Princess towards the door.

===

Kara was in the middle of mending Mon-El's shield when she felt a presence behind her, she turned around to see the Lena standing in the doorway of the armoury.

"Kara, I think we need to talk." Lena stated as she came into the room, "What's going on? Why are you working for that idiot? And-" Lena was asking as she came to stand in front of the Blonde.

"I'm sorry M'Lady but I have much to do." Kara said her voice cold and avoiding the Princess's gaze.

Kara was about to make her way out of the armoury when the Princess placed a hand on her shoulder causing her to stop, "Kara I thought you liked me." Lena said, her voice small, a lot different from when she would normally talk.

The Blonde turned to look at her previous employer, "M'Lady I was simply doing my duty and as I am no longer under your employment I have no reason to show those affections anymore." Kara explained as she forced her voice from breaking, the Princess on the other hand had the face of a beaten puppy, "Good day M'Lady." She said before swiftly exiting the armoury.

Lena stood stuck in place with anger, she didn't know if she was angry with Mon-El for taking her Blonde maid away from her or at Kara for playing with her feelings like that.