A Resistance Spy

Here is a new Book I'm working on based on STAR WARS. I've had this in my head for a long while so I hope you like it.

I OWN NOTHING!!!!
_____________________________
Poe Dameron swiftly landed his X-Wing just outside the village where his contact patiently waited. Out of all the dangerous missions The General gave him, this one was the most important...The map to Luke Skywalker.

After the massacre at the Jedi Academy, the galaxy thought it was the end of the Jedi. Poe remembered when the Holonet was abuzz with reports of the attack. He and his crew pulled off a successful run and were celebrating in a small cantina on Kijimi. While he picking up another round to knock back, he saw the Holodisplay showing images of the Jedi Academy in ruins. The headline read that terrorists calling themselves The First Order took credit for the massacre and left no survivors. Images of his childhood friends Ben and Jacen Solo, and Owen and Jaina Skywalker were plastered on the display. A complete tragedy. He felt his heart break as childhood memories flooded his mind of how they played together and pretended to be heroes of the galaxy. Now they were just...gone. He watched the grieving Senator Leia Organa Solo give a passionate speech about carrying on the legacy of her fallen family members. She fiercely vowed that she would continue to fight for The New Republic, even without their support. He heard her call and he answered. The next day he left Kijimi and flew straight to The Resistance. He felt a little guilty for leaving his crew high and dry, but he felt like this was the best way to honor his friends.

He rose through the ranks quickly and earned the reputation of being The Resistance's best pilot. When The General told him that her brother lived and that a map could lead The Resistance to him, he couldn't contain his excitement. He knew that having the last Jedi Master on their side would bring hope to those losing faith in this conflict. According to the briefing, the map was located on Jakku in the hands of an explorer named Lor San Tekka.

"How we doing, BB?" Poe checked on his BB droid. The orange and white droid rolled to his master's side and chirped. "Yeah, it was an easy landing. But this really isn't a place we want to stick around in." He nodded toward the village. "Let's go."

It was night and most of the villagers seized the opportunity to enjoy the starry night sky and the cool air. Most didn't pay him any attention while others eyed him with suspicion. Strangers always meant trouble. However, an old man motioned for him to enter his hut.

Poe followed suit and surveyed the man's humble dwelling. There really wasn't much to look at. There was a small fire pit for cooking and warmth in the center of the hut. BB rolled around until he found a comfortable spot by the door while Poe took a seat by the fire.

Lor San Tekka calmly prepared a drink for his guest. "So, you've come for The Map. There are many who sought the last of the Jedi. What makes you different? What's your stake in all this?"

Poe eyed the drink offered to him but accepted. "I knew the Jedi once...some of those students were my friends. They all talked about building a better galaxy, but the First Order took those dreams away. I guess I'm trying to do right by them."

The old explorer observed the rebel pilot with a critical eye. It was as if he was trying to weigh the weight of the pilot's words. On the exterior, the old man saw another cocky pilot ready to jump head first and eyes closed into danger. However, the pilot's eyes told a different story. They were worn down from years of fighting and loss. Behind that loss, the explorer saw the determination and sincerity that he was hoping for.

If he's a friend to the Jedi, then perhaps...

Lor San Tekka pulled the chip from his sleeves and showed it to Poe. "Here is what you're looking for. I hope it helps."