c h a p t e r - t h i r t y

Ever wonder how it would feel to wake up, knowing that the person you love, isn't going to be there next to you or even a phone call away? I'm suffering that pain right now and it's not the pain that I thought someone would feel but it hurts. I can't imagine how someone feels; someone who has lost someone they love with all their heart. Cole isn't dead and I knew that but I couldn't help but think it was my fault, no matter how much my mind was telling me that it wasn't.

It was the truth though, or partially true. Bad things could have happened if I didn't leave the restaurant, my mom would have gone and God knows what they would have done to her. Although, if she did go then Cole would probably be here but that wouldn't help my mother because I learnt that they wanted Cole and his future didn't seem bright but fatal.

I felt like the most selfishest person since I was the one that was assigned to bed rest and getting all the medical care, while Cole was probably getting beaten up for whatever crap he caused. After I woke up from being unconscious, my dad and a doctor was looming over me as my mom slept on the chair that was beside my bed.

Turned out, I had done more damage to my back than I had thought but I didn't care that I was going to be left with scars on my back, I was more worried about what bruises and injuries Cole was going to sustain from the bad guys. Even now, I still don't know how the hell I missed the fact that it was Lee and I felt really stupid for believing that he was the perfect, good guy when he actually was the opposite of that.

It was like I was the stupid girl who just loved to get revenge on the ex boyfriend but that ended up leading into more types of crap and it turned into the shittest thing of all. My mind was jumbled and I didn't know what to do or think but I knew that I was getting really pissed off from staying in the same place or a very long time but the thing that was hurting me most was, people keeping things away from me.

'We might know where he is but it's a long shot, you must know that.' I heard voices talking outside my door and I knew that it was a bit rude to be eavesdropping but right now, I was desperate in knowing anything about where Cole and the asshole could be and it was getting to the point where I would shoot everyone to get him back. My thoughts had stopped when I heard people turn towards my door making me run back to bed and wince.

'No point of you trying to hide the fact that you were listening in to our conversation.' My mom said before giving me a small smile but you could see in her eyes just how broken it was. 'I brought in a guest but make sure you don't end up killing each other or yelling.' Mom moved out of the way and my eyes widened to see Jessie, who actually didn't look as if it was her. The more surprising thing about this was that Jessie was joined by her two older brothers, Asher and Dean.

'I'll leave you guys to it.' Mom said before she walked out of the room, leaving me with three of Cole's siblings. They all had looked a little out of it but I guess that there should be nothing else to expect from them because this was their brother that had gotten kidnapped. 'Hey.' I breathed out, not knowing what else to say. The brothers nodded their head at me but Jessie just looked away and clutched her torso; her appearance had changed and I knew she wasn't the same excited Jessie as she had been before.

'Hey.' It was Asher who had come to sit down on one of the chairs first followed by Dean but Jessie stayed standing in her place. 'How are you feeling?' Dean asked me, studying me with his eyes to see if there was anything wrong with me but I only just shrugged my shoulders and even with that little movement, my body felt like it was going to shatter.

'Who took my brother?' Jessie asked, looking at me and that's when I felt how lost she looked. Her eyes were so far away and her pupils were so small, you could see how dark it was underneath her eyes and how pale she was. I felt guilty all over again as I remember that Cole got taken away, because of my stupidity. 'You were the one that was with him, you saw the car. Who took him, Cora?' It was almost like she was shouting at me, wanting to know where her brother was.