c h a p t e r - e i g h t e e n

This date was supposed to be something normal and simple right? If the answer was yes, why do I have a tonne of dresses on my bed with shoes lying around my room and my wardrobe bare and naked for the world to see? The answer is, I was worried that I would wear the wrong thing and look like an idiot and the only dress that seemed like it was going to suffice for this date was a red one that had a quarter sleeves and an elastically belt around it. I still needed advice on what I needed to pair them with and for that, I needed my mother.

'Mom!' I shouted because I really needed her opinion on what she thinks about this dress and what shoes would I need. It didn't even take a minute for her to turn up into my room looking around frantically, for what I'm assuming, danger. 'Mom, I'm here.' She breathed a sigh of relief before looking at my room in horror.

'Did something happen that I don't know about?' I blushed when I took it the wrong way but then shook my head so my hair came in front of my face so that she didn't notice that I was blushing. 'I just need help with what I should wear because Cole and I are going on a date tonight.' From in between the gaps in my hair, I could see my mom looking at me with raised eyebrows so I pointed at the red dress on the bed.

'It looks pretty, the only thing that it needs are a pair of shoes to match with it and you with make up on and we'll do something with your hair.' This time around, I lifted my head and looked at my mom in horror as she smirked at me. She knew that I didn't like the whole girly thing and I thought we would have a break from all that but I'm guessing that I was wrong because mom stepped closer to me and played with my hair while I winced.

'Mom, ow!' I shouted as she pulled one part of my hair. I swear she was doing this on purpose because it didn't look so painful when mom was doing her own hair.

'Stop exaggerating.' She said and tugged on my hair again. 'Do you not brush your hair twice a day?' I sighed and slouched in the chair I was in while mom laughed behind me. This was torture for me because not only was my mom pulling on my hair but she found it funny to tease me about being one of those snobby moms that loved making their children pristine.

'Did he say where he was going to take you?' I shrugged and actually thought about where he could be taking me. Knowing Cole, he wasn't going to be taking me to a fancy place but he wouldn't be taking me to somewhere like McDonalds but something made me think that he would actually think about making an original idea. I laughed mentally, scratching that image from my mind.

'He didn't say where we were going but he did say that he wanted to get to know me more in this date because he says he barely knows anything about me apart from the fact that I like reading.' Well, that was partially true. It's not like I was going to include that he knew exactly where my sweet spots are or which sex toy was my favourite, now was I?

'Ooh, so it's a surprise then?' I nodded my head, biting my lip as a habit because it's what I did when I was nervous. I wonder if Cole figured that out yet but then again, I haven't exactly been nervous about anything so I wouldn't think so. Why was I being so pushy about these things?

'I remember when your father took me on this surprise date once and it was more of a heart attack than a full on surprise. He sure did scare my parents wi-' Mom stopped short in her sentence and she stayed silent for a little bit so I looked at her through the mirror to see her smile a little.

'It's okay to talk about dad you know, it's not like you can't re-live those memories mom.' I remember those times when I was younger and mom and dad used to do all that lovey dovey stuff and it grossed me out but I kind of miss the fact that mom used to be happy with dad and now she was here just reliving the moment and wanting to be in it but it's obvious she would deny it.