c h a p t e r - t w e n t y s i x

It felt fun. It felt fun and to be free, knowing that you weren't actually free but if you were in a car where the roof came down and the breeze was hitting you, then it was equivalent to feeling free like a bird. I knew that I shouldn't be feeling like this but I didn't know what else to feel apart from that but the thing is, Lee hadn't even given me anything to feel drugged or high; these were my feelings that my mind had let out and if that's the way it was going to be, then so be it.

'You look as if you're enjoying the breeze that's making me freeze my ass off.' I laughed and shook my head, opening my eyes and trying to look at him but my hair just kept blowing onto my face. 'One thing that I've just learnt about you is that, your hair cannot be tammed. I kept shaking my hair which proved Lee's point that my hair cannot be tammed at all because I was here, trying to get it to get into place but it was failing.

'Just keep driving, Mr Chauffeur.' I said, finally being able to wrap my hair into a bun with one hair tie; something that I have been trying to do for the past couple months. It just reminded me of why I would usually carry more than one hair tie on my wrist during the windy seasons but it was summer right now and there was still that nice breezy weather.

The drive with Lee so far, had been one of the weirdest experiences ever and the thing was, I actually enjoyed his presence and was starting to think why the hell Cole and my parents' were thinking that he was involved with any of the gang releated things that his dad was into. I mean, Lee didn't look as if he was a bad boy type, more like one of the good guys that people didn't realise he could be. Then again, that's what Cole was but he was keeping a bunch of secrets from me.

'Hey, you know how your dad is Trent?' Lee gave me an odd look as if to say, "You really think so?" but in a sarcastic way making me shake my head before continuing with my sentence. 'No, what I'm supposed to say is that I remember your dad from when I was little. I don't remember you though, in those dinners. Those boring dinners that don't just stop, do they? I remember going to a dinner with your dad and my mom, fancy and...ew.' I said then scrunched my face in disgust.

'Yeah, when I was little, I refused to get into those little suits that my mom and dad wanted me to wear because I knew I looked like an idiot so I pretended to be sick and it didn't work out too well towards the end.' He chuckled as if he was remembering the memories. 'My dad got pretty angry at the fact that I wouldn't go with him to those dinners but then they stopped meaning that my birthday wish came true.'

'Is that why I didn't have to go to the lame ass dinners up until a couple months ago?' I asked, looking at Lee with fake shock but in all honesty, it was kind of a truth shock. 'I would ask you to give me a high five but then that would mean that there will be a chance of us getting into a car crash. Trust me, first time bunking school and getting into a car crash does not seem like an awesome get-a-way.' He nodded his head, agreeing with me.

'What did you guys do on the dinners anyway?' With one more turn, I'm guessing that we came to the destination that took us over half an hour to get to and to be honest with you, this seemed like the perfect place for him to push me over the cliff. 'I'm going to once again guess that you're liking the place that we're at because the face that you have on right now, really suggests it.'

Blindly, I nodded before getting out of the car followed by Lee. I was amazed by how everything had looked especially since the sky was so bright and clear as well as the breeze being the right tempreture here. My eyes landed on the two benches that were sitting near by the cliff but I knew that we weren't going to be sitting there. Turning back to look at Lee, my mouth hung in shock at the bag of cookies that he was holding with a smirk on his face.

'Race you to the edge of the cliff.' I said before dashing there with Lee following me close behind. I had ended up winning and looking over the edge of the cliff with my knees dangling down, it honestly was one of the most beautiful sights that my eyes has ever seen and this is where the many wise words and phrases were going to come out from. Damn, why didn't I buy a camera and keep it with me at all times?