c h a p t e r - n i n e t e e n

The first thing that I saw in the mirror when I woke up on Monday morning was my dark circles from the lack of sleep I had last night. It was stupid of me to keep thinking about Cole and whether Cassandra was telling the truth about her and Cole but the stupidest thing was thinking about it all night to the point where I couldn't sleep. So now I had to go into mom's room to find concealer to cover them up or people will just look at me oddly and Jessie will be asking questions but I'm sure her brother filled her in.

Mom never questioned anything about anything which I was thankful for because I wouldn't know how to answer it especially since she was asking for the reason as to why I wasn't talking to dad or why I wouldn't talk to dad. She just pretty much laid off of that and just gave me sympathetic smiles when she saw me which did get a little tiring because I just wanted her to speak to me but not about the whole dad thing.

Taking my time to walk down the stairs, I saw that it was actually tougher to walk down the stairs taking your time rather than running down the stairs which was more fun and it was good for you...not the neighbours though. Once I had gotten down the stairs, I noticed how quiet the house was so I walked into the kitchen while squinting at every room until I was sure that I was at home by myself and when I knew I was...I groaned.

'Cora, once you wake up call me.' I jumped twenty feet in the air after hearing that voice message left on the house phone. One way to wake up, huh? I groaned and got my ass up from the floor before making my way to the phone and dialling my mom's number so that she knew I was alright even though that was a complete lie.

'Hello?' I asked when I heard someone pick up from the other end of the line. There was rustling in the background making me think about the talk over the phone with dad. 'Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine and awake and ready to go to school.' I sighed towards the end and waited for her reply. If the bill for the line was going to be a big number, then I'm not the one to blame.

'Oh sorry Cora! I was moving some boxes around for Trent. I'm in his office right now so if you hear some rustling and things being moved around, then I apologise.' See that's the thing you have to love about my mom because at least she had the decency to apologise unlike my dad who couldn't even come up with a solid reason as to why there was strange noises in the background.

'Don't worry about it mom. I'm going right now anyway. Have fun, bye.' Okay, I may not have sounded totally okay with how the conversation went because it had registered my mind that she was with Trent and she was helping him meaning that they were getting closer and closer to each other but I'm going to have to accept it soon aren't I?

Once I had my granola bar for my breakfast, I headed out the door only for my eyes to be watering because of the chill that was left outside. My eyes were burning throughout the time I was walking and it felt like the weather was punishing me for not getting any sleep what so ever last night and now it was painfully awaking me, trying its freaking hardest to get me up before school. Did I just say something about random things to do based on the weather inside my head? Damn, I guess I need to put my brain into some real work when I get to school.

'Hey Cora, wait up!' I turned around to see Jessie running up to me with a smile on her face which left me confused because I would have thought that she wouldn't have wanted to talk to me or maybe her brother hasn't told her. Slowing down, I waited until Jessie was next to me but it seemed as if my expression didn't change because when she was in front of me, her smile dropped a little and she looked at me. 'Why do you have that face?'

'Oh, no I'm just confused. Don't worry about it.' She shrugged her shoulders and her happy moment came back and she held her backpack's straps before skipping happily down the hallway of the school where people looked at her oddly but didn't say anything. 'What's got you so happy?' I asked while trying not to laugh at her. Jessie turned around and smiled sweetly at me before shaking her butt my way and that was when I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore.