c h a p t e r - s i x

Jessie was the first person I saw at school when I walked towards my locker. She gave a brief smile and I returned it before she knew there was something wrong with me and out of the corner of my eye, I saw her open her mouth to say something but her words wouldn't come out as she looked behind her making me do the same then regretting it. I saw Cole walking towards us with a bruised face which included a left black eye and a bruise on his right cheek then a bust lip that was healing. His hands were an angry red and the closer he got to us the more I noticed his pissed off face and the cold glare he was giving everyone.

'Co-' Jessie started to say behind me but Cole walked passed the both of us without even looking at us. What the hell was that?

'Who did he get into a fight with?' I asked Jessie slightly alarmed. She mirrored my thoughts so she was as clueless as to what was happening like I was, I sighed and slammed my locker door shut as I followed Cole as did Jessie. We ended up at the cafeteria where Cole was sitting with Nick, Adrian and Damien and all of them had the same pissed off expressions as Cole had when I saw him.

'What the hell happened?' Jessie asked when we walked over to their table. Cole's eyes and mine locked as everything else seem to be a blur but that changed once Cole had his dark and cold glare back sending bad shivers down my back.

'You worry about yourself Jess. This doesn't concern you so stay outta this.' Nick warned her which caused Jessie to glare at Nick and Nick did the same causing an eerie tension to run through the air. 'I want to know what happened to my brother so therefore he will answer me Nicholas.' Jessie spat out harshly but Nick didn't show any other emotion apart from anger.

'Nick's right. Stay out of it.' Cole muttered loud enough for Jessie to hear.

'You were fine this morning!' Jessie exclaimed. 'Well things have fucking changed since this morning so fucking leave it!' Shouted Cole as he stood up and slammed his already hurt fist onto the table making everyone in the cafeteria stop what they were doing to see what our next move was.

'Fine. Be a fucking ass Cole, if you wind up in more shit then don't expect me or any of us to come help you.' With that Jessie walked away and I followed her knowing she was in tears. We were in the girls' toilets' which were actually the best I had seen in any school at all; I heard soft sobs break out of Jessie and I consoled her as she cried.

'He will talk to you when he needs to Jessie. He just needs to make sure you're safe.' I whispered to her as I hugged her. She continued to cry and after about 5 minutes, she brought her face up clearly showing that she was crying. She wore no make-up so there was no smudges on her face, only red puffy eyes and a tear stained face.

'I'll be fine. You go to class, I'll be there after I freshen up.' Jessie sounded hoarse but the small "reassuring" smile she gave me made me want to believe her so I sighed and gave her another hug. 'I'll see you in class and if I don't, I will bring smokers to you.' I teased her making her laugh a little.

I walked out of the bathroom and was soon in the arms of Cole who pinned me against the lockers and looked down at me with a threatening look. 'What did she tell you?' Who, Jessie? Why would she tell me anything and why is Cole worried about that?

'Jessie didn't tell me anything. She just cried because you were an ass to her.' I said bitterly before yanking myself away from Cole but he just held on tighter to me. 'If she said anything to you, I need to know.'

'She didn't tell me anything, so let go of me!' I shouted at him. Cole scowled at me before letting have enough space to get the hell away from him, but I didn't want to leave him in the state he was in. Bruised and battered but his masculine was still there, broad as daylight and it didn't look as if it were about to go away soon.