Chapter 12.

Keith's POV.

My feet silently tapped away on the cold concrete floor as I snuck through the halls at midnight. The invisibility cloak hanging over my shoulders and head, Blythe hunched over on my shoulder as I made my way, once more, to the library.

No one is allowed up anymore at this hour so no one should be in the library anymore either, so you may think;

Keith, why are you wearing the cloak then?

Simple.

Teachers.

And honestly. You just never know if any students decided to sneak out at this time too you know? And also, now an even bigger threat, that fucking wolf.

I'd rather not come across it again, especially not on my own, alone, late at night.

A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as Blythe's wing slapped against one of my cheeks again.

"Could you stop moving for one second?!" I whisper yelled at him.

"You're the one who decided to wear a hoodie! It takes up space on your shoulder and I don't want to sit in the hood because I'll just be inhaling your stupid mullet!" He cursed back at me silently, shoving my head to the right.

A curse slipped from my lips as I quickly jumped behind one of the pillars we were walking past. My hand found it's way to the cloak as I pulled it off over my head, dropping it to the floor as I angrily, but still carefully, took ahold of Blythe.

"Can you please just behave for once! I know this isn't the best and most comfortable but I don't have any other solution right now either." I whisper yelled at him.

At first it looked like he wanted to give a come back, stumbling over his words he sighed out.
His wings drooped down over my hands where he sat. Head bowing down.

"Sorry, I know we're here for something important, something you care about a lot." He mumbled out, paws slightly digging into my gloves nervously.

A caring smile spread across my face as I carefully removed one of my hands from underneath his fidgeting paws, bumping his chin up with my pointy finger.

"Hey, cheer up. I can't deal with a sad Blythe we all know that. Not your nature." Blythe chuckled out at me, his stance taking more confidence once more.

"Okay, let's continue." He said flying back onto my shoulder, hunching down once more.

I huffed out a laugh, flinging the cloak back over my head after I picked it up from the ground.

Though my laugh was wiped off my face within seconds.

Chuckles escaped the slightly creaked open door from the library as we approached it silently.

Multiple voices were heard from inside, they sounded cheerful and excited.

A boy and a girl.

"Who the..-" I cursed them in my head as I opened the door silently before stepping inside the, supposed to be empty, library.

"No- no don't!" A chuckle escaped the guys mouth, something was thrown before another laugh was heard from the girl.

I rounded the corner to see who the hell were still up this late in a stupid library having this much fun.

My brows lowered in annoyance, an unamused expression spreading across my features.

"Lance and Pidge. Of fucking course." I groaned out putting one of my hands to my face.