Chapter 3.

Lance's Pov.

Other than being ignored for the most part at dinner it went fine. I had some good conversations with Sage and had tried to find time to write to my soulmate, but people were just too nosy so I decided not to.

"Everyone keep up!" Our headgirl Heather called out at us.

"McClain can't, he's been raised too normal for this type of stuff." One of James's friends called out with a snicker.

"That didn't even make any sense." Keith mumbled from beside me.

Our houses were still going the same way while Hufflepuff and Slytherin had branched off a little while ago.

A chuckle left my mouth as I nodded my head agreeing with his statement.

"And they find it unbelievable I was sorted into Ravenclaw for my lack of intelligence." I snorted out earning a chuckle from Sage.

"What did you say?" The guy who tried to mock me snapped turning to me.

"Boys!" Heather called out once more.

We kept a sharp look towards one another as we slowly turned back around to our headgirl.

"Sorry.." we both mumbled out as she sighed before continuing.

"Okay, this is where Gryffindor and Ravenclaw part their ways. We want you to know it's not allowed to go to the other Houses their dormitory. Points will be taken from your House whenever you break the rules." Both the Ravenclaw headgirl and the Gryffindor headboy explained.

We walked for a little more before we stopped in front of a portrait of a lady in a beautiful dress, a smile spread across her face as she greeted us with a wave of her hand.

We waved back at her, Heather chuckling before turning back to us.

"Okay, this is where your dormitory will be located all throughout the year. And as all the Houses there's a password you have to answer before you can get in." She took a step closer to the lady.

"For every House it's different. For us Ravenclaws, we have to answer a conundrum. What's the conundrum of today?" She asked the lady.

The lady moved her white and blue dress a little out of the way taking a step closer to us.

"Today's conundrum will be, which came first, the phoenix or the flame?" She asked us.

"Hey, Hunk talked about this on the train right?" Sage whispered in my ear.

I nodded slightly before whispering out.

"I don't remember exactly what he said though.." Sage sighed slightly as she tried her hardest to remember with me.

"Does anyone have the answer?" Heather asked turning to us.

Ina raised her hand slightly hesitant.

"Yes Ina?"

"A circle has no beginning." She answered.

We immediately heard a klick as the door started to crack its way open.

"Correct." Heather spoke up with a smile as she moved the door completely open for us to walk in.

Heather explained that where we stood now was the common room, this was where you could just hang out with friends of your House if you had free time, it also apparently was the airiest dormitory of all of the four. The girls slept upstairs on the right side and the boys on the left.

"Our dormitories are in the turrets off the main tower; our four-poster beds are covered in sky blue silk eiderdowns and the sound of the wind whistling around the windows is usually very relaxing. And once again, well done on becoming a member of the cleverest, quirkiest and most interesting House at Hogwarts." Heather finished up before telling us goodnight.
We would have to wake up pretty early tomorrow so she quickly escorted everyone to their rooms and then left to go to her own.