Finals

Payton

You would think college would get more comfortable, but it doesn't. We camped out, studying for finals. Afterward, we had to pack up since next year we're moving to a new house. That also means the twins were coming to school along with Kaxon and Mason.

Kaxon and Mason were sharing a house with Matthew and Markus. Selena stayed with Josie, Britt, and Britt's sister Nora in a dorm room while Hayden room with a few other people. Shaun rented an apartment since he's staying to work over the summer break.

I had a feeling next year was going to be a significant change for everyone. We needed to get through our finals, then head home.

"Ugh," Markus groaned as he closed his book.

"Issues?" Parker asked.

"Yeah, I'm sick of studying. I need coffee or a nap," Markus replied as he got up. "Coffee it is."

I shook my head as I went back to studying. All of us camped out at our house, studying for finals. I'll be glad when the last one ends so that I can relax.

As we continued to study, Markus walked back into the room and stopped. "Does anyone realize that next year, the devil twins, Kaxon, and Mason will be here for school?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Matthew asked, getting annoyed.

"Don't you remember what it was like when we were growing up with those four?" Markus asked.

"We live with the devil twins, and Kaxon's always at our house. What's your point?" Park asked.

"Throw in Mason, and that's when you get a force of nature with them," Markus replied.

We all looked at each other as the others looked at us, confused.

"Yeah, but Mason wasn't bad on spring break, and neither were the others," Park reminded him.

"We saw him for a week. His parents are unleashing him for months. If your parents sheltered and caged you, then release you into the wild, what would you do?" Markus asked Park.

I sat there as Park thought about it, then I watched the lightbulb go off in his head.

"Well, shit," Park mentioned.

"Exactly," Markus added as I sighed.

Patton, Paxton, Kaxon, and Mason were always getting into trouble and doing some stupid shit. Presley got pulled in by proxy since Paxton would beat the hell out of him. Parker would beat the hell out of Paxton. It was a cycle with us.

I hoped they grew out of it, but it was doubtful. All I could do is try to keep my brothers and cousins out of jail at this point.

Paxton

Did you ever decide something and realize it's a bad idea? Yeah, I did that, and it wasn't the best idea that I ever had, but we do stupid shit. My decision came in the form of going out with a guy from school.

Emotions clouded my judgment, and we went out on a few dates. Then one night, it went further in the backseat of his car. That wasn't how I imagined my first time being with someone.

Afterward, I thought it was something more until the guy informed me it meant nothing. It didn't help that Shaun and I weren't talking. Then I found out what happened to him.

Senior year blew in so many ways. I'm glad it's ending. Now I'm going to school with my brothers in the fall. I didn't even know what would happen with anyone, because right now I'm batting zero.

I sat on a bench in the park alone, staring at the water. Then someone joined me. I turned to see Pat as he sat down, then saw Kaxon on the other side of me. I felt a tap, and we turned to see Mason behind us.

"What the hell?" Pat said, stunned.

"I finished school early and graduated. Ma and Dad are moving back," Mason said as he walked around and sat down next to Kaxon.

"Why do I have a feeling next year is going to get crazy?" Kaxon asked as we looked at Mason.

"It's not my fault people can't take a joke. I thought the cherry bomb in the toilet was funny," Mason mentioned with a shrug.

"That our parents blamed us," I reminded him.

"Yeah, and I got the blame when you turned Parker into a Smurf," Mason said to me as I shrugged.

Kaxon started laughing as we looked at him.

"You do realize now that Mason is back, the shit is going to hit the fan," Kaxon said as we started laughing.

The thing about Mason is he might appear sweet and innocent, but it was an act, and we knew it.

"What about that dude when we were on spring break, Pax?" Mason asked me.

"I don't know, it's complicated," I answered.

"Then uncomplicated it because you're not social media," Kaxon told me.

"How do I do that?" I asked, giving Kaxon a look.

"Be a Gray. That means don't be a pansy," Kaxon told me.

Pat chuckled as I shook my head.

"Kaxon is right. If you want someone bad enough, then go after that person. That's what I'm doing with Nora," Mason said.

"Doesn't Nora's dad hate you?" Kaxon asked Mason.

"It's not my fault that he's an asinine boob. I'm not sugar; I don't coat shit," Mason shrugged.

Next year should be fun having Mason back and decided he was right. If you want someone bad enough, you will go after the person. I'm a Gray, and I want Shaun. Come fall, I would go after who I wanted, and that's Shaun. The heart wants what the heart wants. Thank you, Grampa Nate and Uncle Noah.

Lex

I heard a knock at the door and answered to see my sisters standing there, including Lakin. I smiled as they came inside, and we all hugged as their husbands and wife walked inside, including Larissa.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my sisters.

"Well, we came for the graduation and to bring our kids home," Lyric told me as I looked at her and smiled. The boys are driving in with their cousins for graduation. Piper and I are closer to my sisters except for Lakin, who moved because of her job.

I haven't seen all my sisters together in years, except for holidays here and there.

"Okay, we need to surprise Ma and Dad," I told my sisters as they smiled. Micheal, Maverick, Mia, and Mason stayed to visit with Piper as the five of us went to see our parents.

We pulled up and got out of the car. We walked up to the door and knocked as we heard Dad yell, "I'll get it."

We stood there as the door opened as Dad looked at us, surprised. We smiled, and he yelled, "Mags! Can you come to the door?"

"Who is it?" Ma asked as she walked to the door and saw us. Her expression changed. "Oh my god," Ma yelled as she started crying. We walked over to her and hugged her. "Our babies are at home! Nash!" Ma cried as Dad walked towards us. We let go of Ma and hugged him.

We followed our parents inside and saw Grampa and Nana. They hugged us as it felt good to have all of us together. Life gets busy when you get older and have a family of your own. You lose track of each other.

We all talked and brought up past incidents while laughing. The crazy shit we did drove our parents nuts, but they never gave up on us even when we felt like giving up on ourselves. As a parent, I understand our parents and grandparents better.

I feel the next few weeks would bring the family together in ways I couldn't imagine. I also had a feeling an issue would arise when the kids head off to college in the fall, pitting sister against sister.

Now we had this moment.