Lucille

Josie

Payton and I were up in his room studying for final exams when he went to get us snacks. I jotted down some notes when his phone lit up with notifications. I looked over and stared at it. Lucille? What in the world?

I picked his phone and opened it to find messages to Lucille from different people asking for advice. Then something caught my eye. My eyes went big as I sat there, stunned. Is Payton Lucille?

"Okay, I didn't know what chips you like, so I brought two different ones," Payton said as he entered the room and saw me standing there with his phone in my hand. "Is that my phone?"

I shut it off and tossed it onto the bed.

"Uh, nope," I fibbed.

Payton set the stuff down and walked over to his phone. I stood there, trying to figure out what to do next. He turned and looked at me.

"Josie," Payton said.

"I'm going to head back to my dorm; it's getting late," I mentioned, gathering my books up quickly and leaving his room.

I ran down the stairs and past Parker. "Hey, Josie. Bye, Josie," Parker said.

After I left the house, I hurried back to my dorm quickly. Not only did I find out I've been talking to Payton all this time, but he's probably mad that I had his phone, and thinks I'm some snooping girlfriend, which I'm not. Well, I'm not his girlfriend, since we're only dating.

I got back to my dorm room and walked inside to find Britt and Markus studying.

"Why do you look like you ran a marathon?" Markus asked me.

"Oh, no reason," I lied as I stood there. Markus and Britt looked at each other confused; then, we heard pounding on the door.

"Josie! I know you're in there! Open up!" Payton yelled on the other side.

Markus stood up as I stood there while Payton pounded on the door.

"Okay, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you did something that Payton didn't like. What did you do?" Markus asked me.

"I was sitting on his bed when his phone went off. I looked and found out he's Lucille, who has been giving me advice about himself," I said as Britt and Markus did a double-take. "I'm sure I screwed things up being a snooping girlfriend, which I'm not, because I'm not his girlfriend, or will ever be his girlfriend," I admitted.

Britt and Markus looked at me, confused, as Payton kept knocking on the door. I stood there knowing I screwed things up with Payton.

Payton

That was not how I wanted Josie to find out I was Lucille. I tried to tell her, but with everything going on, I didn't get a chance. I kept knocking on her dorm room door, hoping to talk to her and explain things.

The door finally opened with Markus standing there.

"When did you become Grammy Gray?" Markus asked me as I rolled my eyes at him and walked past him. I didn't have time for his shenanigans.

I walked into the room as Josie looked at me, then I walked over to her.

"So, I want to say sorry for looking at your phone. It was a stupid thing to do, and you probably don't trust me. If you want to stop dating me, I understand. It's not like we're official of anything, and I don't want you to think I'm a snooping girlfriend," Josie rambled as Markus and Britt watched us. Great, I have an audience.

"Okay, first, stop talking," I told Josie as she clamped her mouth shut. Then I looked at Markus and Britt. "Do you mind?" I asked them.

"Nope, you go right ahead," Markus answered as I rolled my eyes.