Family is everything

Payton

This school year has been one hell of a year, and it's not over yet. Each of us has gone through our separate issue. The one constant reminder is we're family. Family is everything, even if it's not blood. Josie, Britt, and Hayden became part of our family, as Selena and Shaun did.

We helped each other as we bickered with each other. Yeah, we have our problems, but we're still family.

"Park, I'm going to beat your ass," I said when I came out of the bathroom with green hair.

"What did I do?" Park asked as I pointed at my hair. "Dude, that's something Markus would do."

I spotted Markus, who's eyes widened as I went after him.

Shaun watched us as Matthew held up a bottle of green dye as he read a book.

"You were the one who put dye in Payton's shampoo?" Shaun asked Matthew.

"I might be serious, but that's payback for Payton putting itching powder in my boxers when we went camping," Matthew mentioned.

It turned out Markus didn't do it, and I beat Matthew's ass for his stunt. Matthew might have a temper and can drop someone, but I can drop him since I'm the oldest.

Parker helped Matthew up as I went back upstairs and took another shower. While I was washing up, the girls came into the house.

"What happened to you?" Selena asked Matthew as he was wiping his mouth.

"I put green dye in Payton's shampoo, and he dropped me," Matthew confessed.

"That's hot," Josie mentioned as everyone looked at her. "What? Payton is hot." She shrugged.

I finished my shower and got most of the dye out. I still had a tint of green to my hair, freaking Matthew. I dressed and came downstairs.

"Top of the morning to you, Lucky Charms," Josie teased as I rolled my eyes at her. I walked over to her and pulled her to me as I kissed her.

"Be glad that I love you. Grays don't discriminate with people," I told Josie as she looked at me, surprised.

"Okay, now that Payton is Lucky Charms and looking Irish," Selena said as I looked at her while Josie giggled, "can we discuss spring break?"

"We usually go to Myrtle Beach since we have a house there," Parker told her.

"Yeah, and expect chaos when the younger boys show us," I added as she looked at me.

"I get to see Patton, woohoo!" Britt exclaimed as we looked at her. "What? Unlike everyone here, I get phone calls. So, nah," she said as she stuck her tongue out at us.

"Yeah, sounds like a blast," Shaun signed as he sat down.

"You can come with us," I mentioned.

"With what money? I'm barely scraping by and had to redo my classes. Plus, Pax is going to be there, and I'm not ready to see him yet," Shaun said as we looked at him.

"Hey, one day at a time," Park reminded Shaun, who nodded.

"Okay, Shaun is going if we have to bound and gagged him. I don't feel like listening to little brother whine as he did at Christmas," I said. I looked at Markus. "What about Hayden?"

"What about Hayden?" Markus asked with a look.

"Are you bringing him, dipshit?" Matthew asked Markus.

"Well, uh," Markus said as he got up and backed slowly to the door, "bye." He opened the door as we looked at each other, then chased after him.

Markus was squirrelly but slow, allowing us to catch him. I'm curious to hear his lame-ass excuse.