"Is that right?"

"Yes." I said and turned away from him and walking around the island to go into the living area. "I came to Phoenix to not only get away from you but to confide in my brother but neither worked out. I thought he could help me find our parents but he doesn't even care. He hates them because of the way we grew up. I did not have a good childhood, Carter, and me saying this to you is weird but what's the point if you'll end up killing me in the end." I say sadly as I took a seat on the couch and ran my hand over my face.

I looked at him to see him watching me with an unreadable facial expression. I sighed and looked off to the city lights.

"Carter, why do you keep coming after me? I meant it when I said I would not tell. I have a lot of shît and you are just a addition to my list."

A moment of silence went through the penthouse. Carter moved and took a seat on the couch. He reached over and grabbed the half filled bottle of bourbon. After opening it, he took a long swig.

"Honestly, babe, I could give a shît about your past problems." He said and that somewhat hurt me in a way.

I shook my head. He did not have to be so mean. "You know, you're an asshole."

I heard him chuckle. "That's news?" I did not say a word after him. He finally stopped laughing and spoke up again. "All jokes aside, Tiana. I plan to take you back to Italy with me."

My head snapped back to him. "No, I'm not."

"I'm trying to help you-"

"By forcing me to go? If that's help, I don't want it."

"What if I convince you? I hate that we go back and forth, Tiana."

I scoffed once again. "And who's fault is that?"

I watched him bite his lip a bit before a shockingly smile made its way into his face. I could see the small dimple and I tell you now, he almost had me.

"Your making this more difficult than it has to be, baby."

I sighed. "If you suddenly 'convince me' then we'll talk."

"Deal?"

"I'm not falling for that again. Just tell me what you want me to hear."

After a moment he began speaking. "That night you went to your parents house and you seen blood everywhere but not their bodies, I want to let you know that it wasn't me. After you left, I went back to Italy to handle a problem and that explains the body upstairs. I'm sending a message."

"What message?" I couldn't help but ask.

"To quit fvcking with my money which brings me back to your first attempt to escape me. Where did you get that money?"

I turned away from him, unsure on how to answer. I would be putting Amelia in danger and I was actually thankful for her help.

"I don't know." I lied through my teeth, not looking his way.

I suddenly heard glass being slammed on the table. Not a second later did I feel a hand grip my face and turn it his way. He looked angry. He knew I was lying.