chapter fourteen: girl world

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"Hmm. Stay hydrated tonight," I advised.

"I will. Don't wanna go on feeling light headed," she replied. She sighs after that and gets her phone out.

"Yeah. If you do, you could just leave the club early and rest back at the resort." Daisy says.

She nods.

For my dinner, I ordered a 12oz sirloin steak with four cheese sauce and potato wedges as a side. Then for dessert, I had a lemon cheesecake sundae. It was sweet and tangy, I really enjoyed it. We took a good two hours to eat as we chatted nonsense and ate slowly. After leaving the restaurant, I ended up craving some frozen yoghurt and then Isabel decided she wanted some too - so after the club, we're gonna get some yoghurt to go and then lazily freshen up back at the resort, before getting sleep. I was looking forward to the yoghurt.

The club was a fifteen minute walk from the restaurant. The walk was good and we all hopefully burned some of the hundreds of calories we had just consumed. I did feel better after the walk because I was quite bloated after the food. Peeing helped too.

We got into the club with ease. It was quick. The quiet and lively outside, filled with locals and tourists wandering around the city, was a very different atmosphere compared to the club. The club was absolutely mad. It was full of life even though it wasn't that busy - this club is difficult to get into. That's why people don't kill any time when being in here, the reviews are always five stars. The prices of these drinks were worth gold, and with a club membership you get a 40% discount.

Madison, Daisy and Isabel wasted no time going overboard on martinis and tequila. I stuck with a lemon water, Gwen had sprite and Anna changed her mind on getting fucked up, so she got an appletiser.

"I'm so tired already. It's only just hit eleven." Gwen moans over the music, rubbing her belly. We sat in our reserved booth upstairs from the dance floor, closer to the bar where we could keep an eye on the girls.

Speaking of, I had no idea where any of them were.

"Umm, where are they?" I asked Gwen.

"Dancing," Gwen said muffled, pointing to a spot in the middle of the dancefloor where Daisy and Isabel were dancing one on one all sexily. Some random men tried joining, whereas Daisy would shove them away.

I finished my sprite pretty fast. Gwen, Anna and I talked about kids and then I had a text pop up on my phone.

nathaniel wellington❣️
hope you're having an amazing night bbg
i love you so much

I couldn't help myself from smiling. I responded and put my phone away.

"I actually feel awful right now, I have no idea what's going on?" Anna blurted, eating sushi. When did she order that?

"I don't think raw seafood will help that either," Gwen noted.

"Shit, you right," Anna said, shoving her plate of sushi over to me.

"I don't want it," I shrugged and Anna looked at Gwen.

"Not good for the baby," Gwen also shrugged.

I sighed.

"I spent like, fifty dollars on this."

"What the hell," I laughed.

"I'm not wasting that," Anna said, grabbing the plate back and shoving them in her mouth.

"Good girl," Gwen teased, and Anna gave her the finger.

Madison stumbles back over to the table, "My babes, come dance pleeeeease."

"Why not," I chuckle, and decide to go bust some moves on the floor with my best friends.

After spending two hours at the club, the girls were pissed and tired. So this led us having the walk back to the resort, pit stopping at the frozen yoghurt shop.

"That club really wasn't it." Daisy commented as we walked.

"Right? What a waste of money," Madison agreed.

"Yeah, not my best experience. I've been to cheaper clubs and have had a better time," Gwen says and Isabel snorts.

"Obviously you didn't, you're preggers hun!" Isabel says.

"Okay, true. You can still have a good time at the club sober," She defends.

"Also true!" I add.

Anna was walking in front of all of us and came to a halt. She was awfully quiet, which is strange because she never really stops talking. Big mouth.

"You okay?" Isabel asks her, rubbing her back.

She shakes her head and gags, moving away from her and throws up onto the side of a Mercedes.

I gasped, "Anna! Are you good?"

She burps but doesn't respond. She puts her hand on the window of the car, breathing heavily. "I'm- i-"

With that, she passes out onto the floor.

The next few moments were a blur. I couldn't recall much of it, I was in shock and I was scared. Her heartbeat was pretty faint and I just remember shouting for help, and some strangers rushing over to tend to her and call services. Madison and I went in the ambulance with her as the paramedics would only allow two of us after a lot of argument.

"We need to tell Sam and the boys." Madison says to me, and I sigh helplessly, shaking. She was leaning over next to Anna's practically a lifeless looking body, holding her hand.

"I'll do it." I say, loading up Sam's contact and pressing call.