chapter 23

L U K E

The rest of the day went by surprisingly fast. All of my classes had at least one person I knew, so it wasn't as if I was left alone for death if my body decided to slip out of my control. After the whole ordeal at lunch with me being a 'comedian', the table got pretty serious and asked me about my epilepsy and what not. It was not one of my fondest moments, but at least I know I'll have someone besides my now overprotective family to make sure I don't like fucking die or something.

I made my way to locker room to witness the comedic tragedy that is freshman try-outs. I was well aware I couldn't play, but that apparently doesn't matter to coach, as I'm being forced to attend for whatever reason. I was about to push the doors open when I heard my name.

"Watson"

I turned around to see Zach charging at me.

I froze. I can't run. I can't step out of the way on time without hurting my leg. I was barely comprehending why I was being charged at. So, what do I do? I dropped. I dropped down right on the floor and waited for Zach to come stomp on my face.

He skidded to a halt right beside me. I guess I must have had my eyes closed too tight to see his skin paling at the sight of a kid he nearly bulldozed on the floor.

"Shit. Shit, what do I do? Oh fuck what-"

I thought of ways this could play out. Let this pan out and see what he does, mess everything up by laughing, or prank him. I was prepping to prank him when I opened my eyes to find him looking like he was about to shit himself, and I lost all control.

I bust out laughing as I watched as his expression turn from, shitting on the floor, to sheer terror, to realization, to anger, then to hysterics. All of these made me laugh even more, to the point I was sure I was going to have an asthma attack.

Another fact I may have forgotten to mention, I have asthma and a history of anxiety, but no one knows, and I intend on keeping it that way.

"What the hell Watson, I genuinely thought I, like, I don't know scared you into a seizure."

I replied to this with a hearty laugh. "You can't scare someone into a seizure... can you? I wouldn't know, I've only had epilepsy for like 3 fucking months. But hey if you want to do all the research on scaring people into seizures, that's your choice. But that sounds really stupid, maybe the surprise could like trigger an overdose of adrenaline and then that in return can make you have a seizure, once again I would not know."

"Okay" Zach yelled, hunched over laughing.

I lie there awkwardly not knowing what I did.

All of a sudden Cody runs around the corner, he stops at the sight of us. A kid on the floor, while the other stands over like a dumbass I'm sure.

Cody took a deep inhale like this scenario has happened multiple times and came to help me up.

"You ramble a lot kid and its quite hilarious" Cody said voicing an answer to my confusion. "Now let's go we're going to be late, Jesus."

Cody took Zach by the collar and dragged him before whipping around and narrowing his eyes at me.

"If you weren't in crutches I'd of dragged you too, but you better keep up I'm not going to be late and have coach on my ass."

As soon as he mentioned coach, Zach and I both had a fire lit under our asses just by the mention of him.

Coach Reece is a monster in knee length shorts, exercise polos, and a nike airs.