Chapter 23: Sea of Love

AH JUST USE THIS FOR REFERENCE

————————————————————————

"May I?" Lena extends her arm out to Kara, offering it. Kara accepts and the pair walk side by side with their arms interlocked into the bar.

"Look who is finally here!" The bar is set up for Kara's achievement. It's a party her friends put together. J'onn pridefully hugs Lena and Kara. "I am so proud of you. And you are finally with Lena, good job." Lena looks at J'onn with confusion.

"Wait how did you find out?" The Martian looks at the defensive genius. "I'm a telepath. Your thoughts are overwhelmingly loud Ms. Luthor." Lena feels embarrassed but still offended. "Then what are Kara's like?" He clears his throat. "I can't read Kryptonian minds."

"That's unfair." Lena is slightly upset. Kara tried to calm Lena down, but can't help but laugh at her feisty girlfriend. "I'm sorry Lena, but I don't make the rules. Also don't worry I try not to listen to human's thoughts." The offended woman retorts back. "Good!"

"Here, Lena lets go get a drink." Kara forcefully guides Lena to the bar area. Kara can't get over how funny that interact with J'onn was. Lena orders her drink. "I'll have a scotch on the rocks." Kara jumps in to order. "I'll just have apple juice."

"You're joking right?" Lena widens her face at the innocent girl next to her. "What? Oh right, I forgot to tell you I literally can't get drunk. Alcohol doesn't affect me." Lena takes one look at Kara and announces back to the bartender. "She changed her mind, get her a Mojito instead." She then turns back to Kara whisper screaming.

"What do you mean you can't get drunk! After all this time I didn't know this?" Lena has a look of a revelation on her face, like everything has been a lie. Almost like it's bigger than the Supergirl reveal. "I... um." The bartender sets their drinks down. Kara puts her hands up and shrugs. "Sorry?"

The Kryptonian takes a sip out of the pungent alcoholic drink, tasting the fresh mint, rum, and citrus flavors. "This tastes... different. I think I'll just stick with apple juice next time." Lena hands her credit card to the bar tender to pay for the two of them. "Don't worry it's on me, Kara." She says this just as a certain television host walks in earshot.

"You sure you ladies don't want me to pay?" He says this as if he has been in their conversation the whole time. Lena judgmentally tilts her head. "No thank you. I could buy this entire bar and make you have to pay me if I really wanted to." Lena boastfully says this with sophistication and power.

"Woah there little lady I was just trying to be a gentlemen." Kara awkwardly smiles at the intense tension. "Oh don't mind her this is just how she is. Thank you for the offer." Tucker walks away due to rejection.

"That was so rude, Lena." The Luthor finishes her last sip of dark Scotch as Kara tries to lecture her. "It worked didn't it? I don't see what the problem was he was stuck up to begin with. I don't want some guy knowing our business and spreading it to the public without our say." Kara can't help but agree, even though she still thinks Lena went a little over board.