Chapter 9: The Chemical Defect

As soon as James Moriarty arrived back to his mansion he got changed immediately, cursing to himself about his stupid idea to burst in on Alexa. It was funny though, watching Sherlie working on his case, well Jim's case. Sherlock was the perfect person to fool. He was clever, he did everything for the game, the great game. He cared about his work, yet he didn't pay attention to the things that were right in front of his face. He was too busy to realise the simple things.

Alexa going undercover wasn't necessarily important, the game would have been just as fun to witness from the outside. But it was hilarious, the man responsible for the suffering of Sherlock and John, the man who started every thing, was there, he was right in front of Sherlock's nose, yet Sherlock wouldn't entertain the possibility that his colleagues' gay boyfriend was actually the worlds most dangerous criminal mastermind.

James Moriarty was a difficult man to impress, yet so effortlessly, Alexa Holton's ability to learn things quickly and to be able to take down Moriarty's body guard with three hits with less than a month of training, was deffinitley impressive. 

Alexa was different, she wasn't afraid of Jim, that much he knew. She knew he was much more powerful than her and could kill her at any given moment, yet, she was somehow completely unfazed by it. The girl was cocky and overweening, but she had something special about her. She was different.

Moriarty slouched at his desk, his head full of thoughts about the mysterious girl who he had brought into his life. He sighed loudly as his right hand man came in with a frown on his face.

"Boss," the beefy man said sternly, "Alexa contacted me to say that Sherlock has figured out about the Carl Powers case."

"Well of course he has." Jim rolled his eyes as Sebastian placed a computer down in front of him.

"You should get the email soon."

"Good, start to prepare the next victim." Moriarty huffed and rubbed his head.

"Of course." Seb smirked at his boss's, "headache?"

"Yes," Jim said and opened the laptop, "what do you see in Alexa, Seb?"

"I'm not sure, I mean, she's s nice. Quick learner." He frowned, "she's alright."

"I don't know what I saw in her, I mean, I know her name isn't Alexa, but she isn't gonna tell me what her real name is so there's no hope there."

Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the loosing side.

"I don't do 'love'." He said out loud to himself, causing Sebastian to raises his eyebrows and smile as he exited the room.