"You already do that."

"I'll stay even later."

Giving a deadpan expression, Gerard rolled his eyes. "Come on, Frank, I can't ask you to stay even later, I'd feel guilty. But, what I can ask is that you try to concentrate, okay?" He reasoned as he fetched Frank's folder off the shelf, handing it to him. "I hate to get all teacher-y, but you do have two lots to complete."

Sighing, Frank tucked his hair behind his ears. "Don't remind me." He dug out his pencil case, slumping in to a seat at the desk closest to Gerard's. He reluctantly opened his art folder, flicking towards the piece he was working on last: a picture of Brendon smiling. A wave of sadness washed over him as he remembered the fun they'd had doing that photoshoot.

Sure, he saw Brendon yesterday at the party, but it hadn't gone very well.

"Hey," Gerard said softly, noticing he was slightly off today. "Are you okay?"

The last thing he needed was to cry in front of Gerard –and it was over something so small. Rubbing his tired eyes before any tears could surface, he nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

He didn't buy it. Logging on to the computer, he connected it to the smartboard, then shot a glance at Frank, who looked up on cue. "How about some music to cheer you up?"

A smile spread across his face. Frank couldn't believe how goddamn kind this man was. "You don't have to do anything. . . I said I'm alright."

"Still." Gerard raised his eyebrows slightly. "Music is good any time." He rested his chin in his hand, switching his gaze between the screen and Frank. "Any requests?"

"Uhm. . ." He bit his lip, fiddling with the zip of his hoodie. "Do you know Palaye Royale?"

Gerard shook his head, beginning to type it in to YouTube.

"I only heard of them last week, they're pretty cool." He shrugged, tearing his eyes away from the screen to start to finish his drawing.

"If you like them, I probably will too."

"Yeah, they're kind of old fashioned, I think. I love their style."

Clicking on the first music video that popped up (Nervous Breakdown), Gerard raised his eyebrows. "What a great title."

"I know, right." Frank snorted. "Very relatable."

The introduction to the song blasted through the speakers, causing Gerard to mutter a string of profanities as it was extremely loud. Hastily, he turned the volume down, casting a glance at Frank. "You don't think we'll get told off for that, do you?"

Eyes still a little wide from that jolt that seemed to do the trick of finally waking him up properly, he slowly shook his head. "Hopefully not."

"Hopefully?"

He pressed his lips in to a thin line, eyes flickering to the doors. "I'd switch it off for a bit, just in case anyone comes to investigate."

"Right. I'm sorry there'll be no music after all." Gerard mumbled, running his fingers through his hair. He let out a deep breath, closed the tab, then shuffled over to see how Frank was getting on. "What do you think you can get done today?" He sent Frank a look to silently ask if it was okay that he inspect his work, to which the student nodded.

"This sketch, if I'm lucky." He sighed. "I can't get the perspective right."

"Want any help?" Gerard took a seat beside him, sitting on it cross legged.

"Yes, please." He slid it towards him, nibbling at his lip ring. At that moment, Gerard glanced over, and he got very slightly distracted by it, causing his gaze to travel down from Frank's eyes to his lips. Luckily, Frank had his attention focused on the drawing, so he didn't notice.