Chapter Twenty Five

Naked is mortifying. Not that I'm shy around Ethan, especially after all these moments of pleasure we have shared, but that I have to look outside every five seconds, afraid a boat might pass and see me naked. Ethan seems to be enjoying my reaction. He smirks throughout the breakfast. As I stand up to clean, he swats me on the butt before walking out of the kitchen. I stare after him, mouth wide open. Thankfully, the apron in the kitchen cabinet has escaped Ethan's mind. I hurriedly put it on and continue on cleaning as Ethan works on his laptop.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but when my phone rings I jump high in the air. As if the person behind the line can see my naked butt. I dry my hands on the towel and grab my phone. Smiling as I see the caller, I answer the phone.

"Hey," I nest the phone between my cheek and shoulder as I wrap the belt and cover my naked front as if Angelic would see this through the phone.

"Hey. Well, you sound different than I expected."

"What did you expect?" I walk to the huge window and look at Ethan sitting outside on the patio frowning down at his laptop.

"I don't know. Maybe, a bit, you know, depressed... can't wait to get out of that island."

"Oh, wow, Angelic, you have so much faith in me that I don't know what to do." I deadpan.

"So... what's up?" She asks, ignoring my sarcasm.

"Nothing." I bite my lips, not sure if telling her what has been going on through phone is the right thing. "Well," I start, feeling kind of excited. "We might have... made something." Gosh, for an actress, I do sound awkward. Shutting my eyes, I gather courage, "we are officially together. Like husband and wife. Or boyfriend and girlfriend. Or... shag bodies." I cringe.

"Shag bodies?" Angelic mimics me. "Honey, you work in the film industry, it's called f*ck bodies," she corrects me. "Wait... holysh*t... really?" She suddenly shrieks. "O.M.G. So, like you guys, got drunk and did it a few times, or like you talked about it before doing it... give me more details."

"Yeah, it's kinda complicated." I see Ethan flexing his arm as he leans back in his chair, supposedly to stretch, but all this innocent act does is to make me feel like a teenager. A heat overcomes me. My feet feel wobbly. Damn, he has such nice and thick arms.

"So, what happens now?" she asks.

"Honestly, I don't know." I whirl around and pick a strawberry. "He seems less, you know, aggressive toward me. Like he cares for me. He said he has broken up with Lorena. That she is not the one. But then, I don't know if I should feel happy or paranoid. If he can let go of someone so easily, then how much longer do I have?"

"Wow... I mean, if you wanna stay positive; he is married to you and he has finally noticed you... so. But I guess, on the other hand, Ethan is such a prick, I mean, look at the past six months; he has had at least 5 girlfriends, according to the media, and what, been seen with 10 different women?"

"Geez, Angelic, thanks. That really warms my heart." I shake my head.

"The real question is, does he make you happy? Is he treating you well?"

"Yeah, surprisingly. He... Um, he seems different. Like being far from the media and everything has changed him, you know. I wish we could stay here forever," I nib on my bottom lips, thinking that in a week we will be back to reality and everything will be back to normal.

"Well, enjoy your time. Get me something, please?"

"Sure," I laugh.

Grabbing my book, I walk outside, still wearing the apron. Ethan has his left elbow on the table and his hand messaging his forehead. When I walk past him, he notices me and turns to look at me. I look over my shoulder, a small smile on my lips. Two can play this game.