Chapter Two

The shooting session ends two days later. The cast and crew decide on a night out to celebrate their hard work. For people in Hollywood, partying in the middle of the week, on Thursday night is rather usual. There's all the reason and yet no reason to withhold. For one, I don't see what's not to celebrate. It's not as if we're going back to work tomorrow. Oh wait, I do.

Now that the shooting is over, we'll be waiting up to three months for the editing process. And from there, since this is not a big movie, a small gathering and premiere for the first show would suffice. That has been the way of it for the past few years.

I get into my car, escape the dreadful heat, and drive back to my apartment. Entering my little tiny apartment, I literally snatch my top away from my body. The temperature is rising rapidly in SoCal. My apartment is a one-bedroom unit in an apartment complex, not far from downtown LA and Hollywood in Beverly Hills. High enough for most and low enough for the rest. For me, it's rather a pay-to-stay-alive situation. Ironically, it would have been a far better one, had I stayed with my parents in their big mansion, where I grow up. But being headstrong, I said no.

Dialing Angelic, I put the phone on speaker as I make my way to my bathroom to wash the makeup off my face,

"Hey, girl," Angelic's voice comes after five rings.

"Hey. Get your *ss over here. I'm done the shooting." I tell her as I walk to my closet and change into something comfortable.

"Oooh, yeah. I'll be there. Red wine or Champaign?" she asks.

"Surprise me," I answer before saying my goodbye.

Firing up my laptop, I settle behind my desk and grab my phone to text Chris.

-I'll be out of town this week. Family gathering. U wanna meet me before I go?

I don't receive a reply immediately, which makes me a bit nervous not knowing what he thinks. It's been a long time my father has been denying him entrance to our family gathering. My father is a very restricted family man. He prefers to spend his time off with his family alone. If there's nothing he's holding against Chris, that is. Being a reserved man, my father rarely shows emotion. It's been always my mother who complements him by being transparent.

I start checking my email, managed the few business Angelic doesn't manage and do a little bit research to find out how Kingstone Co. actually works. Unintentionally, I start searching for my name. For as much as I want to deny the rumors, I can't help lurking more into the gossip websites. Fortunately, there hasn't been any gossip on me or on our company. Sitting there, starting the Google Search Engine, I suddenly find myself going back to my habit and searching for Ethan Kingstone.

Several articles come up. Many of which plastered with his beautiful face under the titles. I start looking for the most recent one.

Ethan and Lorena have been seen in Fire Up Grill Restaurant & Bar on Wednesday night. Hand in hand, the couple was seen romantically engaged as they shared a meal. Ethan, who is expected to play James in For You My Love will be getting a few distance away from Film industries for a while. Kingstone will appear as the GQ newest model this fall.

A few images of Ethan and his precious girlfriend are after the article. They look happy, well, mostly Lorena, who is clinging like a leech to Ethan's hand. I make a face before clicking the tab close and slapping the computer closed afterward.

Almost an hour later, Angelic shows up. Angelic, or Angie as I prefer to call her, is a beautiful African American woman, who is taller and thinner than I am. Her body is well formed in a way that sometimes, I wonder why she has never pursued modeling! With soft, shiny black hair with a few strands of purple and pink she has recently dried, Angelic is the complete opposite me in features. While I have white skin, slightly toned due to LA's hot sun, and blonde hair, she has full is blessed with dark fair skin tone and flawless hair which I envy.