Chapter Eight

I am utterly scared to take another step on the red carpet. I could not force my legs to move. And you might think that after so many years of walking down the red carpet, I would have overcome the stress by now. But it seems all new to me. And I have a fair idea why it is so.

As we take baby steps, posing for some reporters, smiling, looking at each other, Ethan urges us toward the reporters to answer their questions. One of the most dreadful parts of the event.

"Mr. Kingstone, here, please. Mr. Kingstone, look at us." Someone shouts,

"Mr. Kingstone, how did you and Miss Campbell meet?"

"Ethan, what are your comments on your previous relationship?"

"Ethan, tell us about your new movie,"

"Trust me."Ethan leans and whispers in my ear. I don't know, however, if I should trust him. Trusting the big bad wolf, in a land full of other wolves; I don't think so.

"Are you going to introduce us to your date?" one reporter says. Ethan decides to take the questions as they come,

"This is Evelyn Campbell, my date tonight," Ethan smiles, showing his white teeth, acting like a happy man who is in bliss with his new girlfriend.

"Tell us how you met,"

"Evelyn and I have known each other for quite some time now. We've been family friends and we just did not know we were attracted to each other," he says, looking down at me as if he's ready to kiss me. I smile at him, showing a spark of interest, even though I wish I were far away. Not that I would not welcome his kiss. I fear I would want more.

This is not going to work for me. I have put a lot of my feelings on this matter already. He might be a good actor and work this smoothly as he woos other women, but I'm just another woman in his world, taking everything he says to heart.

"Miss Campbell, how is your new movie going?" someone asks me,

"It was a very interesting and fun work to do. I really enjoyed working with Sam. He knows what he's doing and has made such beautiful scenes of each important part of the movie. I think fans would love it," I reply.

"Kingstone, over here," someone says from the crowd across from where we are standing, so we move that way.

Ethan has his arm firmly around my back, somewhere between the small of my back and my waist. Our bodies are pressed against each other. Every time he moves, he brushes his body to mine, sometimes to my breasts and I lose my self-control. I blush intimidatingly and have to gulp to achieve my best charming smile on for the reporters.

"What are your comments on your previous relationship? You have been seen with Lorena just a few days ago and how is that going to change your current relationship?"

"Evelyn and I go farther from it. We have known each other since we were children and we have been seeing each other for some time, but it has never been too serious. I just hope it would more serious this time. She and I have so much in common and I hope we would achieve something deeper this time." Ethan turns to me and looks at me in the eyes as he finishes his sentence, making me forget about the fact that he just avoiding the real question by bringing us to the mix.

"You know, we have secretly admired each other for sometimes, but we never truly admitted it. We've been on a few dates, but it has never officially until very recently," I add. Most of what I say is what Martin told us to say and a bit of what I truly feel and wished were true.

"Well, good luck, you two," the woman says,

We say our thank you and move on. When we finally reach the end of the line, I couldn't be happier to see the logo wall. Ethan strolls toward the wall with me still in his embrace and we stand there posing, looking at different direction as the photographs take their photos. Ethan has me firmly glues to his side, which could be a good sign for the media and a bad point to me. The more, his body touches mine, the more I think of this as a reality.