Chapter 36: I Love That Woman

The soft stroke came, pulling me from the most beautiful dream.

I couldn't remember much after my shower, but I did remember the softness of Michaels voice before a dream that I wished could never end had begun.

The smell of woods and roses filled my nose and I felt my eyes open before I turned to lay on my back but stopped when Michaels hand laid on my waist. "Sorry." I said going to move away.

He sat up and rubbed his face, "You uh-you okay?" He asked looking to my face as I sat up beside him.

I gave a nod and watched him look to the hem of his sweat pants. "Dream good?" He asked again.

Moving to sit in front of him, I smiled, "One of the most beautiful dreams I've ever dreamt. Everyone was there, even you." I said watching him smirk lightly.

He plucked a rose and ran his fingers over the stem, removing the thorns before he leaned forward and took my hair twisting half up and putting the rose in gently.

I tried not to stare at his lips as they were at eye contact but I couldn't help it.

In my dream we made out under an apple tree and he had kisses that tasted so sweet.

"The spell was taken down." He said standing and gesturing to the door.

I gave a confused look and stood up watching him stare into my eyes carefully, then as if I'd just been splashed with water, I felt my stomach turn.

Kai.

"He-Oh goddess, Did He?" I asked feeling my heart race and I placed both hands on my pelvis worried.

Michael stepped forward and hesitated before placing both hands on either sides of my arms, and then he knelt down and stared up at me, "He didn't." He began but I felt my body shake my heart tremble, "Hey, Ace, look at me. He didn't. He won't, ever." He said surely before standing and pulling a pair of sweatpants from his bag handing them to me.

I took them and pulled them on before wiping a few tears.

He grabbed his bag and the duffel as he filled it with the blankets and pillows, "I'll take you upstairs and you can shower off. We can get something to eat after." He said gesturing for me to go up the stairs.

Going up I looked back at him, "What if they hurt you?" I asked worried about what the wolves would do by Kai's order.

Michael shook his head, "Your father knows about what happened. Trust me, he won't be bothering you ever again." He gestured for me to go and I headed up the stairs and out to the hall.

As the wall shut behind us, we made it to the main hall and I watched as everyone made small comments or stared eerily between us.

I headed up the stairs stopping as Kora and Lincoln stood by her door kissing. He stepped back and turned as the door shut before he looked to me and then Michael.

He walked over and gave Michael a smirk, "Good to see you back." He said before looking to me and then heading down the hall.

Michael gave a stare to the door, "I always thought he hated me." He said cutting the atmosphere and making me break into a soft laugh.

My door knob and the lock were both different.

Eyeing it I sighed, "Dammit." I muttered quietly.

Michael stared down at me and placed a hand to the lock before whispering something. The lock opened and I smirked watching him open the door and gesture for me to go in.

I went inside and he followed before locking the door, the room smelt so clean, nothing like the dog it smelt like just yesterday.

A small note was on the bed and I walked over picking the paper up.