Chapter 26: I Promise You That

We pulled up to the Academy and I felt a pool of relief wash over me.

My stomach turned at the thought of us missing Lily, Kris, Vesper...Jameson.

We'll never be the same.

We took fifteen buses and I got off the first one smiling when I saw Lincoln standing by the front door smiling widely.

Sprinting, I could barely feel my legs move before I threw myself in his arms.

He hugged me tightly, and I felt like everything would be okay now.

It has to be.

I pulled back not realizing I was crying and stared at his face. He was crying too, my sweet Link.

He kissed my cheek and face all over while smiling and crying, "You're alive, you're here and alive. Thank you Nyx." He said pulling me in for another hug.

Wrapping my arms around him, I hugged him back tightly.

"Stop hogging her!" Evas voice cut in and I felt my heart flutter before I turned and pulled from Lincoln keeping hold of his hand while Eva and I hugged tightly.

She held my face in both hands and kissed my lips a total of five times before squeezing my face, "I fucking missed you god dammit." She said pulling me in for another hug.

I hugged her tightly wondering if her depression was still as bad.

Koda made a throat clearing sound and I looked to him smiling and pulled from Eva, going to Koda and hugging him tightly.

He kissed the top of my head and sighed, "Eva's been driving us all insane." He said low.

I laughed and pulled back focusing on Nevana and Killian giving the two of them a hug.

I stepped back and my back hit into someone, I turned and looked to Kai who was staring at Lincoln and Koda for a while.

Oh, "Everyone, this is my husband, Kai." I said low and careful while keeping my eyes on Lincoln.

He stared at me for a few moments and then looked to Kai.

Killian stepped forward and looked to Thomas, "You let her get married? I leave her with you two for one week and she comes back married?" He asked watching Jolene and Thomas.

The two were so exhausted.

He sighed and then walked over to Jolene pulling her into a hug, "We have so much to discuss." Jolene said pulling back and watching his facial expressions change before he nodded.

Nevana was smiling widely at Bronx, "Its so good to see you big guy, I honestly didn't know you'd make it." She said sighing and hugging him.

Faye was hugging Kora and Leandro.

I took a moment and went to Leandro, "Can I talk to you?" I asked watching him nod and stare at his sister before we began walking to the academy and in through the doors.

"I saw her." I said softly.

Leandro stared at me for a few moments and then choked back a breakdown, "Lily?" He asked.

I gave a nod, "Lily." I said.

He ran his hand over his face and leaned back into a wall, "How is she?" He asked worried.

I smiled, "Well she's definitely stronger than before, and very wild but...she's still on my side Lee, she told me she doesn't want this war." I assured him and he crossed his arms over his chest.