Chapter 21: She's Mine!

Kai's POV:

"What?" I stared at my father with a lot of confusion.

How could they come back without the knife?

I felt my heart beating loudly in my chest.

He stared up at me carefully, "What is it?" He asked eyeing me over.

I leaned in, "I can't let you kill Anne." I could feel my possessive side clawing to come out.

His eyes began to glow, "Are you challenging me?" He asked a bit hurt.

I'd never challenge him, I just- "No father, just tell me how I can stop this. If I leave now, I can go and I'll bring it back. Give me a few of the men, we'll leave and I will go get it for you." I tossed out the option.

He glared at me for a while, "Why do you care so much about this girl now? Last I checked you didn't even want her in your quarters." He said raising a brow at me.

My heart began quickening, "Because...father she's my mate." I said staring up at him and watching as his eyes moved to Bekerus who gave a single nod.

Father stood and watched me, "You have until tomorrow night. Leave and arrive back with the knife or I will have to kill her. I never go back on my word. Her life for the knife." He said firmly.

Giving  a nod, I looked to Bek, "Let's Get Dimitri and the guys and get to her quick." I hurried out the door and down the steps toward the front door.

"Where are you going?" Imira asked confused.

I stared down at her, my love still strong for her, "I'll be back I promise." I said before hurrying out to the woods.

I've only got till tomorrow night, I need to be there.

My mate needs me.

Snapping my jaws in her face, I watched as she stared in horror, "Kai, you, you'd hurt your own aunt? Your own blood?" She asked disgusted.

I gave a snarl, then she lifted it to use it.

Her hand dropped to the floor quick and I watched Dimitri look to her in anger.

A wolf using the knife on other wolves...that's a whole type of violation breaking. That is a death sentence if I've ever seen one.

Her screams grew before they silenced.

Morphing to a human, I picked up the knife and walked out of the room grabbing a cloth and wrapping it around my waist hurrying out the door.

I have to get to Anne.

I'm coming for you Anne, don't worry.

I've let you down in lives before, but not this time.

Not this time.

As the plane landed, I ran to the front and pushed the door open ignoring the woman and hurrying to the outside running out of the city and to the small town.

I reached the woods within an hour and then ran my way to the cabin.

Hurrying up the stairs, I pushed open the door and placed the knife down on his desk.

"She's mine." I said low and threateningly.

Father gave a small nod and handed me a key.

Taking it, I shoved past the guardsmen and unlocked the door going inside.

"Kai?" Anne asked confused and watching me with a bit of fear.

I cut the ropes and stared down at her knowing she isn't a wolf, she needs a 'relationship' to form. But I just wanted to push her up into this wall and screw her brains out as she told me I was hers and all hers.