Chapter 28: I Can Hear Them

His hand wounded around my waist pulling me to his chest, his warm breath filling over my neck.

I sighed in annoyance.

This is the fifth night in a row that he's done this.

I ran my hand over my necklace, I wonder if Lauchs still doing okay.

Maybe I should take him some food.

Eyeing the clock, I read two thirty six in the morning.

Biting my lip, I untangled myself from Kai's possessive hold and slid on a pair of moccasins and a oversized cardigan before quietly going out the room and shutting it behind me.

Kai makes no sense, one minute he can't stand me, the next, he can't keep his damn hands off me.

'You have that affect on men.'

Good to know Mikey.

I headed to the dining hall giving small hellos to those passing by.

Turning to the double doors, I went in and jumped out of my skin when a hand took my wrist.

Maybe because I expected it to be Kai with his possessive "Where are you going?" Or "Why did you leave the bed?"

I don't understand how people romanticize this kind of relationship. His possessiveness and over bearing need for my attention is revolting and a huge turn off.

I like being able to do what I want, when I want.

This is ridiculous.

Eva smiled at me, "Delora and I are going on our first real date tomorrow, I mean like since we came out. But I'm really excited." She said nervously.

That was a bit of a surprise, only a bit though, I always imagined Eva would either be with a wimpy guy or a soft girl because she's such a dominant woman.

Delora fit her, they actually seemed almost perfect together.

I smiled at her, "Shouldnt you be getting rest then?" I asked while knowing she was thinking a lot about Kris.

She's probably wondering how he'd react, what he'd say. He'd be proud, he'd say he loves her entirely.

My heart crumbled a bit and I fought back the tears and watched her nod while blushing, "I was just getting some tea to put me to sleep, calm the nerves." She said all jittery.

I laughed and walked with her to the line, "Hi can I get three bottles of Bears blood and five steaks, medium rare please." I said watching the woman nod and put in the order.

Eva smirked, "Hungry much?" She laughed.

Right...

I gave a nod, "Kai eats a lot." I said sheepishly.

Eva eyed me lost in thought, "At two in the morning right?" She was on to me.

Giving another nod, she made an 'mhm' sound before ordering a tea and then staring over at me, "Whatever you're up to, be careful Anne. I don't want to lose any more pieces of my heart. I've lost enough." She said before taking her cup and kissing my cheek, "Also you're paying for my tea." She smirked and walked away.

I paid for it all and took the bags going through the doors, down the hall, through the other doors and to the wall softly whispering the spell before stepping in and watching it shut behind me.

My garden was blooming as always, bright and smelling of roses.

Taking one of the roses, I headed to the secret wall and went inside and up to Lauch.