16: To The Wedding!

"I would be nothing without you, YN." Marshall Lee looked deeply into your eyes. "I'd be sick, twisted and broken. But instead, I'm able to stand here today, in front of our friends and tell you that I can happily and healthily support you as your husband for as long as you will have me."

The crowd collectively awed as he took your hands.

"I can't imagine my life or my world without you in it, but I'm here to humbly ask you to let me into yours."

"Marshall Lee, you've always been a handful. If you weren't chasing after me, you were chasing off everyone else." The vampire king blushed, embarrassed. "But now, if you were to leave, I would chase after you. I'm ready to commit to you and spend my time with you. As your wife, as the vampire queen, and as your partner in crime. Let's get into trouble, have fun and fall further in love every day. That's what I want from you and no one else... although I can't guarantee that no one else will come along for the ride."

Fiona and Cake giggled to each other.

"Well, with the vows completed, there's nothing else to do but pronounce you both, my closest friends, and sometimes my biggest annoyances, as a married couple. For better or worse, until they can bear it no longer. Go ahead and kiss, so we can all make cutsey noises at you." Prince Gumball sighed and smiled.

And then, you kissed Marshall Lee, the vampire king.

As everyone did their job awing up a storm, while you both rocked black wedding attire, doing your wedding job.

After months of therapy, you had finally arrived at the day of reckoning and no one was holding you back. It was exciting to both of you, to finally have your union made public in front of your friends and your community.

As the wedding moved on to the reception, you went to talk to these friends.

"Cinnamon Bun!" You gave your sticky friend a hug. "Thank you so much for coming! I missed you."

"I missed you too, YN!"

"Butterscotch Butler!" You turned to another candy friend.

"Congratulations, YN! I sure hope you will be able to come play board games with me still."

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." You then turned your head. "Fionna, Cake! I knew you wouldn't miss it. Where's Fire Prince?"

"We're... on a break... but whatever, it's your globbin' wedding!" Fionna cheered.

"YOUR GLIB GLOB FLIB FLOB WEDDING GIRL!" Cake shook you as your eyes rattled in your head.

"Yes! I know! I planned it!" You responded back.

"Can I borrow her? We have a cake to cut." Marshall Lee chimed in. He quickly corrected himself, "The food cake. Not the cat."

You laughed and waved as you held your husband's hand and tugged him away.

"You're a goof." You told him.

"I'm your goof." He smiled. "You're not going to run away from me, right?"

"Absolutely not. Don't worry, my Mawshee. This is us now."

"And I've never been happier." And with a kiss, he grabbed your hand to cut the cake together.