13: To The Scolding!

"I don't need you to save me, Gumball." You narrowed your eyes at him. "Not after what you said to me, especially."

"I was angry--"

"Don't care. You are hundreds of years old. You know how not to be awful." You huffed.

Marshall Lee breathed out a sigh of relief.

"But he is getting very clingy, the vampire is." You turned your face to him. "If I feel good enough, I should be able to go where I want, without you."

Both men stood stunned as you scolded them.

"Mawshee is going to be my husband, Gumball." You explained. "That means I am going to be here and with him more than with you. You can't break into a house just because you miss me. Although I am flattered."

You smirked at that statement as Prince Gumball looked down at the floor.

"And I have lots of friends in the world, Mawshee. You should get some. It's too much to have you with me all the time." You confided to him. "But I love you. You know I will always come back to you. Even if it takes a push."

"I didn't mean it!" Gumball whined. "Glob! I was just angry and--"

"Don't care." You repeated. "Gumball was mean, so I went to see Marshall Lee. Now I am like this."

You waved over your body with your hands.

"Not a monster, like you think of Mawshee. Not ruined. Just different." You looked at Marshall. "And even though I didn't get to choose, because he's a butt-sandwich, I am okay now with it."

"Glad to know what you think of me, Gumwad. You didn't think I was a monster when I put my--"

"If you two are going to fight, I am going to leave." You walked towards the door. "Friends to see, places to be!"

"DON'T GO!" Marshall lunged out for you, but was blocked by Prince Gumball.

"No, I think I do have some things I want to discuss in private with you, Marshall Lee." Gumball stood in front of Marshall authoritatively.

"Let me go out for a bit, Mawshee..." You gave him a concerned look. "You've been weird all day..."

Uncharacteristically, he whined and looked up at the ceiling, as if this was something he absolutely didn't want to do.

And that's because it was. He did NOT want you to leave. He did NOT want you being around people without him. He did NOT want to talk to the guy who was having all his guards slaughtered by, guess who, the Vampire King himself.

"Come back in thirty minutes..." He tried to strike a deal.

"No bargaining. I will come back when I want to come back. You are not the boss of me." You opened the door. "Don't kill each other."

And with a slam, you were out of the house and Marshall was red with fury as he turned to the pink man before him.

"You did this." He blamed the Prince. "She would have stayed in with me if you hadn't barged in."

"Marshall..." Prince Gumball's face became concerned. "Why are you so upset at this? It's not like you... It's scary..."