12: To The Home Invasion!

He took you home after that and you never quite escaped his watchful eyes. Marshall Lee followed you from room to room.

"Get off my ass, Mawshee." You complained with narrowed eyes.

"I'm not on your ass." He snarked back, "Is it so bad that I like to spend time around you little fox?"

"Yes." Your tail flicked in irritation. "It's annoying."

Marshall Lee put a hand to his undead chest and looked appalled.

"Annoying!?" Hurt dripped from his voice. "But Red, I love you!"

"Love me from a distance." You turned around and tried to walk away. Tried.

"Don't leave me." Marshall had you pinned against the wall in an instant.

"Get off stupid vampire!" You pushed against him.

"Don't leave me." His eyes were moist, but his voice was deadly serious.

You paused, considering your next move. Looking at him with a suspicious look, you weighed the options that were available. Leave anyway, stay and comfort him or fight back. None were great options. Leaving would cause more problems, even though you knew he would follow you. Staying was just irritating now, especially if you felt trapped by him. Fighting back, you knew you would lose to the Vampire King.

Option four popped into your head suddenly and you put your charms to work, flicking your tail to his face.

"Mawshee," Your voice was low and seductive, "I can't miss my husband if he's always around me. And they say absence makes the heart grow fodder."

Marshall closed his eyes at your touch and chuckled.

"Fonder, foxy, not fodder." He corrected as he released one hand to pet your tail.

"See? What would I do without you?" You wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Die. Find a better man. Get hurt." He spat out anxiously.

"My glob, Mawshee--"

"Yes, my glob indeed." Prince Gumball's voice rang out as your door was smashed open. "Is that why you've  been hiding her? Inane fears that you know would never come true?"

"Bubble! Why are you in our house?!" You looked over with shock, but felt your body squeezed so tightly, that the words came out as squeaks.

"I missed you, YN, and I was worried this lunatic killed you..." He shook his head. "But instead I see he's made a very, very, bad decision."

"Was an accident." Marshall mumbled. "Get out of my room, Gumwad. You had your turn in here. You're scaring my guest and you are not welcome in my home. I would call the police but I'm sure you'd just use some cheap method to escape."

You watched as Gumball's face fell, feeling the sting of the words he delivered so long ago.

"Please leave. Your crocodile tears, lies and threats won't work while I'm here." Marshall held a sneering look. "Get out of my house and do not come back without an invitation."

"I won't." He asserted as he wiped his eyes. "Not without YN. I don't believe it that she wouldn't come see her friends. Is he holding you hostage?"

"We just went to see Fiona the other day." Marshall spoke for you.

"I DIDN'T ASK YOU!" Gumball screamed. "YN! Tell me you're alright! If you want to leave, tell me now and I'll take you away."

AN: Oh my god, I'm so sorry this took so long. I was so stuck and so swamped with work that nothing has barely been produced lately. But this book was so neglected. Thank you for sticking with it!