Starry Nights

Oops. It's been quite a while hasn't it? Anyway, here's another story :) 

Your body jolted like a flash of lightening in a dark sky and your eyes opened as you pushed yourself up. You wiped the sweat dripping from your forehead and the tears running down your face as you pulled yourself together. You felt Jake wrap his arms around you and hold you tighter than he ever did before, his head resting on your shoulders to calm you down - and it worked. 

"Y/n, it's gonna be okay...it was just a horrible nightmare. I'm here and we're okay," He re-assured you every time you woke up in a terrible state and he meant it. 

You frequently suffered with nightmares since you were 14; any form of help you could seek didn't benefit you and there was no explanation as to why you had them so often other than your vivid imagination. 

It was 4 a.m and you knew you wouldn't be able to sleep anymore so you climbed out of your bed and headed to the living room of the apartment that you and Jake lived in together. Just as you were getting comfortable on your sofa you felt a familiar body sit next to you. 

"Babe, go back to bed - you've got to work tomorrow," You insisted that Jake get some rest since being a detective required full energy. 

"I'd rather spend the night talking to you- just like we did when we first met," He reminded you of the time he took you on a stakeout during your first date, you sat on a rooftop eating snacks and getting to know each other. It was the moment you both fell in love.

You leaned in and kissed your boyfriend, he didn't hold back and it became passionate quickly. The kiss ended you moved away. 

"Okay, let's stay up all night like we did 2 years ago," A smirk slid across your face and Jake's eyes lit up. 

***

The night became the morning as you ate snacks and fell in love even more than you did 2 years ago; the sun began to rise and Jake gave you another tight hug. 

"I love you and I will never let you suffer a nightmare alone," his comment made you tear up and you kissed him once more.

You both notified your bosses of your 'illness' and spent the day cuddled up next to each other in bed. 

You didn't have another nightmare after that night.