It Takes Two #3

((y/h/c - your hair colour btw))

Four more wonderful months passed you. As you and Jake prepared for the coming of your daughter, excitement started to build in your house; you couldn't wait to meet your daughter and see Jake become the father he's always wanted to be.

You were sat in your living room reading the final chapters of your antenatal book whilst Jake finished painting the final sections of the nursery's wall (he insisted you didn't help and that you rest since you were heavily pregnant) you sipped your decaf tea and read page by page, your eyes quickly glancing at every word but carefully taking in the information. The birds chirped and sang loudly outside your window in your new house- that you and Jake moved into when you found out you were pregnant- you loved the neighbourhood ever since.

A few minutes pass by when you feel a gush of water run down your leg and a sharp pain in your lower abdomen. Your water had just broken.

"Jake!" You shouted from your spot.

Your husband's head popped out from the nursery to see you stood there in a puddle, cradling your bump and a panicked expression on your face.

"Go time," Jake circled your house and gathered the things you needed from the hospital.

"Bag, pillows, car keys, house keys and-" He got cut off by you grabbing his wrist and walking to the door.

"And what?" You looked worried that something might've been forgotten

"And...you," he leaned in and placed his lips on top of yours; you shared your last kiss as just a married couple.

You held hands as he guided you to the car and made sure you were sat comfortably inside. A 20 minute drive to the hospital later and you had dealt with several contractions; the whole way there, Jake held your hand and coached you through your pain- he hated seeing you in pain.

***

10 centimetres and a whole heap of hours later and you were about to welcome your daughter to the world, you and your husband were taken to the delivery room.

Jake held your hand and helped you through your painful labour, he kissed your forehead and wiped away your sweat and tears when it was necessary.

The delivery was thankfully smooth and successful, your daughter was born at 2:10pm on Saturday 6th July 2019 and she was beautiful. Jake cried when she was born and seeing him cry, made you cry...a lot.

***

A couple days of being parents for the first time passed and you couldn't imagine life without her already. You both agreed on the name 'Autumn'. She had faint y/h/c on her head and Jake's dark brown eyes, her skin was fair like Jake's too.

You collected your things, thanked the nurses and doctors at the hospital and drove back to your house as a family of 3. Jake carried her inside.

"Welcome home, Autumn Peralta,"

A/N: That's the end of this small series! I hope you enjoyed it and please feel free to request ideas for more :)