Nine-Nine!

I pulled up at the 99th precinct in the NYPD; I took a deep breath and sauntered my way inside. I was greeted by a lovely woman in a police uniform, her smile welcoming me to what she assumed was my new job based on the box I was carrying. 

"Good morning officer! I'm Amy Santiago - Sgt. of the 99's uniformed officers -  you must be the new detective?" Her smile beamed wider. 

"Yeah, I'm detective y/l/n," I shook her hand. 

"Just head upstairs and Captain Holt will greet you," She leads me to the elevator. 

The elevator stopped and the doors quickly opened to reveal New York's finest detectives working hard - my eyes went straight to the detective with soft, light brown curls and the most amazing dark eyes. He turned to see me and we made eye contact - he sat up in his seat. 

My eyes left him and turned to the Captain of the 99 who was approaching me hastily. He introduced me to the group as 'Detective y/l/n' and everyone clapped at my entry - I could tell these people were a family and I couldn't wait to be part of it myself. 

"I will give you time to familiarise yourself with your peers - start with your new partner," He pointed towards the man I gazed at a when I walked in...did he just say, new partner?! 

"Hey there, I'm Jake Peralta- nice to meet you," He smiled at me. It was adorable. 

"Hi, I'm y/f/n- nice to meet you too," I smiled back which made his cheeks a light pink shade. 

"Why don't we get to know each other over coffee? I'll pay," He leads me out of the precinct after I placed my things on my new desk opposite my new partner. 

***

Some time passed and we drank our coffees and learned about each other; he became hotter by the minute and it became harder to hear him speak without blushing. We spoke about a variety of things, from families to die-hard, we became closer after each conversation and I really liked him. I think he liked me too. 

I could already tell I'd made a friend for life. 

***

After my first week in the precinct, Jake and I managed to solve a number of cases together and we bonded even closer than before; he and Boyle - a member of the precinct -  even crashed at my apartment after a heavy night at Shaw's bar. 

I strolled into work one morning to see Jake missing from his desk and a note left on my computer screen 

'Meet Me in the evidence lock-up - Jake' 

His writing was messy and childish but it was freaking adorable. I dumped my purse and headed towards the evidence lock-up. I was slightly confused as to why Jake would want to meet there but I went anyway. 

"Hey, why are we meeting here?" I asked with a look of curiosity painted on my face. 

Jake didn't answer and instead turned and looked into my eyes; his body gravitated closer towards me; I felt my cheeks turn a hot pink colour. 

 " Y/n, you're beautiful, did you know that?" His words took me by surprise and my cheeks were somehow even pinker now. 

He leaned closer to me and took my hands into his, his hot breath was the only thing that stood between our lips. 

I had definitely thought about what it would be like to be with Jake...a lot...he's so sweet and caring for me and the others in the 99. He was extremely good looking and our personalities fit so well together. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to date my colleague/police partner.

He leaned in closer and softly brushed his lips against mine; I leaned more into it and our lips synchronized together perfectly. His hand moved down to my waist and mine moved up to his hair. 

The kiss ended and we looked into each other's eyes before Jake spoke. 

"Welcome to the 99 y/n," 

A/N ~ Hey! thanks for reading. I know it's not the best one-shot but I promise I'll work on it and they will get better; Idk when the next post will be but it should be soon :)