Still Get Jealous

Request by: @Renisimon

7K READS! CELEBRATE! Thank you all for the support!

~~~

"Why did you invite me here?" I can see Light slapping his forehead with his palm through my rear view mirror.

"Didn't L already tell you that we're investigating along the way, Sherlock Holmes?" I snapped at him, not taking my eyes off the road. "Apparently, your little lady friend over there wanted to stop by at this amusement park. Doesn't hurt to take a break here."

L sat in the seat next to me, silently listening to me ranting on, since I felt quite irritable today. He chewed on a lollipop, watching me cautiously as if I was a bomb with a match held up to it.
He had every right to look at me like that, since I was the driver who held all three passengers' lives right in my hands. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen. Plus, I don't even know if Light and Misa have insurance. Anyways, back to the topic.

We shortly arrived at the gate entrance to the amusement park. The sign was painfully colorful to my eyes. L must have been used to it, counting all the times he had a rainbow of lollipops and other candies. I offered to pay for all our tickets and we passed through the gate with our admission stamps.

As soon as we stepped inside, the smell of food wafted into my nostrils. I took a whiff of the air and listened as my stomach reacted to it. L turned to look at me, so I'm guessing he heard the beast in my abdomen.

"(Name), I say we go get refreshments. You two go find something productive to do other than standing here and watching us." L takes my hand and leads me to one of the snack kiosks before Light could make a clever remark.

L didn't seem to care what kind of food we got, as long as we got something sweet. I settled on fluffy cotton candy and a milkshake to share with L. We wandered around for a short time, tearing off pieces of the sweet fluff. Soon, we found Light and Misa sitting with a tray of nachos.

"Oi, Misa. Gonna eat that?" I mockingly asked, eyeing the food.

"No way, I'm gonna get fat!" Misa pushed the tray towards Light, but he didn't seem to have much of an appetite at the moment.

"You know Misa, (Name) eats a lot but can still maintain a set of abs." L pointed out, opening his mouth to take a bite from the cotton candy in my hand. I laughed and gently pushed his head away from my piece.

"Ehh? No way! Stop lying!" Misa kept on denying. And, there she goes on another rant. It felt like hours were passing as she kept yelling. God, how can she talk so much? She's just like a yapping chihuahua..

"Misa!" I finally snapped. She turned her head when I roughly grabbed her wrist. Then I grabbed the tray of nachos and flung it on her head.

"Shut. Up!" I grabbed her by the collar and yelled directly into her face. Misa sat there in disbelief, cheese running down her hair and cheeks.

I pushed her hard while letting go, and walked away without a care. I could feel everyone's eyes burning on my back, but I kept walking briskly somewhere far away. I ended up lingering around an arcade all the way behind a big roller coaster.

My legs just let me fall onto the chair of an unoccupied race car game. Letting out a sigh, I rubbed my temples as a pounding developed in my head.

"It hurts..." I curse to myself. To be honest, thinking about what I just did earlier.. I don't regret it. Misa deserved that.

I rested my head against the hard chair for a while, until I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, get up. Are you okay?" I looked up and saw Light above me, holding out a hand.