Sandy Toes

"L, aren't you happy about getting vacation time?" I ask him eagerly, stuffing more things into a suitcase. L just sighed and rested his finger in between his pale lips.

"I could've used that time to research more." L replied in a bored manner. This made me pretty displeased. I put my hands on my hips and gave him a look that said, "you-better-not-make-me-upset-because-it's-the-worst-thing-a-man-can-do-to-a-woman." You catch my drift?

I knew L understood me, but he just stayed put and stared at a paper in his hands. Time to take more extreme measures.

"L, come on! I already packed everything in the car!" I whined, making my best pouty face and crossing my arms. He still didn't move no matter what I said. Well, I guess he wants it the hard way.

~~~

"(Name)! What do you think you're doing? You should know me very well by now. I'm a stubborn person."

"L! Stop floundering! I'm trying... to have a good time with you, so stop making... it so hard... for me!"

I strained under the weight on my shoulder. No, the weight on my shoulders wasn't a bunch of bags and suitcases. L's body from the waist up was dangling over my shoulder, while I desperately made sure to hold onto his legs so he wouldn't fall. He was heavy for me, but not heavy enough for me to not carry him.

....What? It's weird? Well, he wanted it the hard way. Can't blame you. The neighbors probably think we're crazy.

~~~

"Where are we going, (Name)?" L asks as we drive down the highway in my bright red convertible with all our bags in the back.

"Just somewhere closer to the smell of salt." I smile without looking at him.

Soon we could see a beautiful view of a glittering blue ocean and pale yellow sand. Tiny people in the distance frolicked on the beach below us. We shortly arrived at the resort I had reservations at and we had our bags carried inside.

"Don't worry L, I'm sure we'll have fun this week." I grinned, adjusting the sunglasses on top of my head. He just sighed and walked through the doors with his hands in his pockets.

~~~

As soon as we entered our room on the fourteenth floor, my mouth was falling fast onto the newly cleaned carpet.

The luxury room I reserved for just the two of us smelled much like a luxury room. What I meant by that is it smelled like fresh towels and bath salts and whatnot.

I took some time to leave our bags in the wall in closet adjacent to the door. On the handle was a small sign that said, 'do not disturb.'

"Well, we won't be using that anytime soon now." L thought out loud, taking a seat on the faux leather recliner in the corner.

I just shrugged and moved on with checking out the rest of our room that was worthy of belonging with a mansion.

The bathroom had a touch of Greek architecture to it, which caught my interest. A circular tub with small jets on its curves was just begging to be used. Several bars of soap lined a small shelf above a hair dryer on the wall. There were so many different scents that I didn't think it was even necessary to have a choice of the soap smells.

I peeked out from the bathroom to check on L. He was crouching on the soft bed sheets with the remote in his hand, and a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall was on.

"L~!" I called him in a singsongy voice.

"Hmm? What is it?" L nodded without looking at me.

"Put on your swimsuit, we're heading to the beach!" I yell with enthusiasm, pulling off my shirt at the same time. That definitely earned a blush from him.

~~~

L wearing nothing but swim shorts? Hell yeah, I approve. As soon as he shyly stepped out of the bathroom from changing, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He ate lots of sweets and did nothing but sat and did investigating, but he was actually pretty well built.

"(Name), you seem pretty interested in what you see." L pointed out, putting his pale hands in the pockets of his swim shorts.

"Uh, I wasn't staring." I innocently denied, turning around quickly and pretending I didn't see anything.

"Well, let's get going." I felt him grab my hand and he dragged me out of the hotel room.

~~~

L's POV

As soon as I finished helping (Name) set up our beach blanket and umbrella, she took off her floral coverup to reveal a mint bikini top patterned with small white stars. (Name) ran off right into the ocean's waves without me.

She gracefully dove into the water, barely leaving a splash. I put my hand above my forehead to shield my eyes from the sun to look for her when she didn't surface. A few seconds later, she came out of the water, laughing and pulling her wet hair back. I could feel a heat rising up in my face as I watched her.

She caught me staring at her in awe and gave a small wink. The things she does to me...

"L, come on! The water's great!" She called out to me, going under the water again. Hesitantly, I walked across the warm sand towards the rising and falling water.

(Name), being the sweet girl she was, noticed and came closer to shore to hold my hand. Smirking, being the unpredictable girl she was, (Name) fell back to pull me into the water with her. I quickly closed my eyes and felt the cool water against my face as we went down.

"Well, that was uncalled for..." I sputtered, shaking the water out of my hair. (Name) just smiled and placed her hand on my cheek.

"It was cute when you were blushing earlier." She chuckled, placing a kiss on my wet cheek.

"(Name), you..." I grumbled. She struggled to run away as I chased after her through the water. A wave knocked her down, and I ended up laughing the whole way. As I helped her get up, a smile was present on her face. God, she was so beautiful. We played in the sea as the sun sank lower toward the horizon.

~~~

"See? That was fun, wasn't it?" I said, stroking L's hair as we rested underneath the shade of our umbrella.

"Only because you were here." L stretched his pale arms and wrapped them around me. I giggled, tenderly touching his face.

We spent the rest of the time watching the color of the sky change from blue to orange and pink to black, enjoying each other's company with our toes in the sand.