Rain

Here I am. Walking back home in the rain. Without an umbrella.
Don't blame me, my probability skills aren't very high.

The rain started as sprinkling, but it soon turned into pouring as time passed and the clouds turned darker.
Taking shelter under a bus station, I crossed my arms to preserve any heat left in my body.

"_____-chan?" A lazy voice called out. I looked down the sidewalk and saw a slender figure ahead. His messy black hair was soaked along with his clothes.

"Ryuzaki! What are you doing out here?" I shouted, following a sneeze.

"I could ask you the same thing.You were out for a walk for too long." L placed his hands in his jean pockets, walking up to me. I noticed that he wasn't wearing any shoes, like always.

"Well, I was planning to head back when this storm came up." I grumbled, shivering.

"Ah, I see. Light-kun sent me to look for you when he realized that you were gone for an hour. Plus, he must be aware of our relationship. If Light didn't know, he would have left to look for you himself." L shook off the excess water dripping from his hair.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked, rubbing his shoulder.

"There's no need to worry. The rain doesn't bother me at all. Sit over there, before you catch a cold." L pointed to the staircase nearby.

Shivering uncontrollably, I sat with my knees pulled to my chest. L squeezed some of the rainwater from his shirt and sat down behind me. He pulled my waist closer to his body and hugged me tightly.

"L-kun? W-what are you doing?" I blushed, feeling his chin rest on top of my head.
"Well, this is the least I can do right now while we wait for the rain to clear up." L nuzzled his face into my hair. I blushed madly, holding his hands. Surprisingly, his pale hands weren't cold. They were very warm.

"I see that holding you in this position increases your temperature greatly." I turned and saw L thinking with his thumb in between his lips.

"It's just a reaction. An emotional reaction." I let my head rest against L's chest and took in the warmth.

"Emotional reactions. The one type of science I have trouble understanding." L sighed.

"You'll figure it out sooner or later." I gave him a reassuring smile. L bundled me in his warmth as we watched the raindrops making ripples in puddles.