CHAPTER TEN; THE SCENE OF THE CRIME

chapter ten
( afterlife )

THE LAST few hours Odeya had spent on her laptop, searching up all the possible ways she could have been brought back to life

THE LAST few hours Odeya had spent on her laptop, searching up all the possible ways she could have been brought back to life. Human sacrifice, seemed possible but she assumed if anything suspicious like that had occurred the same night she came alive that her dad would know about it so that wasn't likely. There were theories on mermaids and their 'ability' to come back to life but Odeya didn't quite believe that and she hardly qualified as one anymore considering she still didn't have a tail.

Which led Odeya to her most valid theory; someone or something in Beacon Hills had brought her back and if that were true then nothing good would come from it. It made her wonder though who or what would've brought her back and why hadn't they came to her to collect whatever they wanted? It had been nearly two weeks since she had been back and not once had anything out of the ordinary happened.

She needed to figure this out, not only because she was curious but because she'd been cooped up in the house for two weeks and needed something to fixate on. Then she began trying something new, thinking like her dad. If this had been a normal case what would Noah do? Well, he'd return to the scene of the crime.

Odeya jumped out of her chair and threw some zip up on over her shirt before racing down the stairs.

"Odeya!" Stiles called her over from the kitchen table where he and a troubled looking Scott were, notebooks and binders in front of them.

"Oh, hey guys" She replied walking over despite not wanting to waste time, she crossed her arms while thinking of a way to end this conversation without being suspicious.

Stiles looked her up and down, squinted eyes and a pensive look on his face. "Where are you going?" he said.

Odeya dropped an arm hitting her side, letting out a scoff "Why do you always thinking I'm doing something stupid?"

"Because you always do something stupid" Stiles answered quickly.

"Its like no matter where I go or what I do you just always assume the worst. I, I am going for a. . run. And no you cannot come simply because you always complain as soon as we turn down the street and I don't want to be slowed down" she explained defensively.

Scott held up the pencil in his hands like he were raising his hand for a question, "You're going for a run in a sweater and boots?"

Odeya grimaced and looked down at her feet to solidify what Scott had just told her. Dammit you'd think she'd be better at lying by now.

"Yep, that's suspicious enough for me to not wanna ignore it" Stiles stated.

Odeya groaned with the urge of stomping her feet like a child. "Gheez you guys are so obnoxious today. I wanted to go out to get some fresh air but if you're gonna call dad on me?" she said questioningly and seeing Stiles nod waiting for her to finish. "Then I wanted to go to my grave"