CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; DIVIDED

chapter seventeen
( afterlife )

IT DOESN'T take long for all chaos to errupt

IT DOESN'T take long for all chaos to errupt. A few days maybe. It starts when Odeya wakes up a few days later, after spending the night at Derek's. She can hear him talking across the room in the open loft, trying to keep his tone down to not wake her up. Unfortantly the nightmares have been waking her up anyways the past few days.

They always start different, eventually leading to Carson and the death that came out of it. They always end the same way though, with her buried six feet under clawing her way out screaming.

"What's going on?" she asks with a tired voice, crawling out of the warm bed and walking toward him where he's standing.

Derek hangs up on whoever he was on the phone with before meeting her, putting a hand on cheek. She's worried now, something must be really wrong. What had happened in the last forty-eight hours to make him this worried?

"Liam and Hayden are gone. The doctors took them somewhere. And Stiles was in an accident, but he is fine. Everyone's at Scott's," Derek explains, "There's a new Chimera, Corey. The pack thinks that if he reads the novel maybe he'll be able to help them find Liam."

She hates the way her breath hitches, she shouldn't be phased that something went wrong. Something always goes wrong.

"Wait, you said Stiles was in an accident?"

Derek nods, leading her toward the couch. "He and Theo were trying to figure out who's been taking the bodies so they camped outside the clinic, leaving the Chimera's body there. Anyway whoever took the body flipped over the car. He's fine now, Theo got him out."

Odeya hated herself for still not trusting Theo. She was gratful he saved her brother but for what? She knew something was up with him and he had an alterior motive. She just couldn't figure out what. At least it lined up with saving Stiles.

She rushes back toward the bed, changing into a hoodie and throwing some pants on. She then heads to the door and slips into her old sneakers, glancing at Derek. "Come on, we need to go to Scott's."

DEREK DECIDES he should be the one to drive, not trusting Odeya's state right now. He doesn't waste any time rushing to Scott's and if he ran a couple of stop signs, well she wouldn't tell anyone.

When they get there, the front doors unlocked and everybody is upstairs. Mason, Lydia, Malia, Stiles, Theo, and Scott. With his claws in the back of Corey's neck.

"What the hell is he doing?" Odeya says as soon as they get to his room. She barges through the small crowd in the doorway, getting closer to Scott and Corey, checking the damage. He's bleeding, dark black looking blood.