~24~

"Why would you do that?!" Anger coated the boy's voice as he screeched at his boyfriend.

"Steve-" A pleading tone stuck in the other man's voice.

"Don't 'Steve' me!" The slender boy yelled, angry tears spilling over.

"Please-" The other man begged.

"Please what? You went out and got high and drunk and fucked another guy! That is not fucking okay!!" screamed the thin trans boy.

"I'm sorry!" Bucky said sadly.

"Why were you even at a bar in the first place?" Steve asked, betrayal spiking his voice.

"I don't know, maybe I was tired and needed something to take my mind off of the world!" Bucky retaliated, frustration heightening his gravelly voice.

"If you wanted to drink, you could've just asked Howard! He and his wife are fucking Italian! They have lots of alcoholic beverages!!"

A tall, serious-looking, tired black man walked into the living room, where the pair were arguing. He was wearing soundproof headphones and couldn't hear them at first through his music, but then T'Challa noticed and pulled his headphones off. "Whoa, guys, why are we fighting?! Take a chill pill, stop screaming, relaxation, chill out!" The black exclaimed, but Steve hadn't heard him over his own voice.

Steve punched Bucky as hard as he could, breaking his hand, but leaving a mark on Bucky's face. Fury spilled over in the form of Bucky pushing Steve back without hurting him and Bucky unfurled his midnight black wings to block Steve from hurting him again.

Bucky stared at Steve through his feathers, regret in his pale blue eyes. "I'm sorry, Steve." The dark-spirited man whispered before launching himself out the window and into the stormy skies.

"BUCKY!!!" Steve screamed after him, already feeling the warmth of his lover leaving him emptier than he had ever been.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Bucky flew for what felt like hours before landing in front of his sister's house. He folded his wings neatly before walking up to the front door and digging the key out from under the brick by the door. He unlocked the door and stepped inside.

He stalked up the stairs and into the guest room before collapsing onto the bed. He unfurled his wings after taking off his jacket and shirt. He was exhausted and fell into a troubled sleep right away.