~18~

Steve 

I watched Bucky move in the suit. The suit had a red star on its left arm, which appropriately enough, was silver. The rest of the suit was hues of blue and black. I followed him into the hall, only to get pelted with bullets. I held my shield up carefully and Bucky faced my attackers before shooting at them with a gun that came seemingly out of nowhere.

"God, I love technology." Bucky muttered, shooting the people. "TAKE THAT YOU HYDRA MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" Bucky bellowed at the endless stream of soldier-like thugs. He roared with anger and frustration and hate towards the people of what he called hydra.

I grabbed a gun from one of the fallen hydra agents and started using it against them too. Sam seemed to have disappeared and T'Challa was nowhere in sight.

"Hey guys?"

"Yeah Cap?" asked five voices in unison.

"Do we know where Sam is?" I asked.

"No, I thought he was in the same hallway as you." Tony said.

"Uh, no. He isn't..."

"Captain Rogers, I have him with me back at the ship." T'Challa said clearly into our comm system.

"Why, what happened?" asked Bruce's voice. Our comms went silent for thirty seconds.

"Brother. Explain. We are all confusion here. T'Challa, EXPLAIN." Shuri almost yelled.

"Vine reference, Shuri? Nice." Peter said loudly.

"Nevermind. Hurry up." T'Challa said abruptly.  

"Hey, T'Challa, we all want to know if something happened to Sam." I said timidly, still fighting.

"Hey, yo. I heard y'all were talking shit about me." Sam's cracked voice spoke into the comm.

"You aren't dead." Bucky observed.

"That is true." Sam said sarcastically.

"But with how badly he was injured, he could be dead right now. I will say it one more time. HURRY UP AND GET OUT OF THERE SO WE CAN GET ACTUAL MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR SAM. That was your final warning." T'Challa screeched into the comm unit.

"Hold on, furry, we're coming." Tony muttered.

"I am not a furry."

"You are though." Shuri said.

"Why do I put up with you people...?" T'Challa groaned.

"Because you have no friends." Shuri said matter-of-factly. "You only hang out with my friends because you can't make your own friends because of how serious you are."

"SHUT UP."

"Alright, alright. Enough." I said like the good father figure that I was.

"But Steeeevvve..." T'Challa whined.

"T'Challa, I will put an end to all the almond milk in the house." I said menacingly.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" T'Challa yelled. "DONT PUT AN END TO ALL OF THE ALMOND MILK!!!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, my lord..." Clint cursed. "Stop yelling! It makes my hearing aids squeal rather loudly and that hurts my ears!! T'Challa, I will end you..."

"Clint, please don't do that." Pietro muttered, zipping by Bucky and I and leaving blue energy behind.

"You guys are so ADHD." Nat said softly.

"Well, thanks for the compliment." Peter said happily.

"It wasn't a-you know what, forget it. I don't care anymore." Nat muttered irritably.

"Uh. Guys...?" asked Tony softly.

"What?" all of us said in unison.

"The HYDRA scientists rigged up a bomb that will explode the whole facility. We have to get out of here." Tony said almost apologetically.

"Okay. So, let's get out of here then." Pietro said, running by with Clint in his arms.

"Yup." Tony agreed, flying by with Peter in his arms and Nat hanging on to his back.

Bucky picked me up and followed, leaving the facility to explode behind us as we exited.

"We made it...we made it. We made it! WE FUCKING MADE IT!!!!" Tony whooped loudly as we landed next to the ship.

"Good job." Sam muttered sarcasm dripping off his words.

"Let's go home!" Peter said, hopping into the front seat and preparing to take off. Peter lifted off smoothly and the aircraft was home in New York City before an hour had gone by.