Part 8

THEY saw a different Shawn Mendes when they saw him in the court today. He was thinner than they last saw him, his eyes are cold and blank and he looks like a crazy man. When he saw those pair of emerald eyes that was staring on him in the corner of his eyes, he smirked like a crazy idiot.

For Lauren she didn't know if she will get mad or get pitied towards Shawn, but there's nothing she can do about him. Shawn chose his path and he will have those consequences.

Officer Hansen and Officer Hamilton went too.

"Baby are you okay?" Camila asked when she noticed her girlfriend's worried face.

"I don't know if I can take this."

"Baby, I'm just here, neh?"

"Okay."

And the court proceedings started. The evidences slowly presented to the court, even the witness. And Shawn's attorney was empty handed, he already threw his cards for his clients and still no effect.

"The court, having heard the evidence, now finds the Jury's verdict to be appropriate and fair to the defendant, the victim, and the community. Mr. Shawn Mendes is guilty for frustrated murder 13 yrs of imprisonment and for Mr. Brad Simpson, Mr. Harry Styles, Mr. Luis Felipe Santos and Mr. Austin Mahone is guilty for attempted murder 10 yrs of imprisonment, the members of the jury have simply done their duty here today. Their decision is a group decision. Do not hold any single person responsible for your sentence, and do not cause any problems for those involved in your case here today, or you will find yourself in more trouble. On behalf of everyone here today, I wish you luck. I am confident that you will complete your sentences and fulfill the special conditions imposed upon you," said the foreperson.

And Camila closed her eyes when she heard it because justice for what happened to Lauren has been served.

For Lauren her mind is blank, she don't know what to think at that moment.

"Members of the jury, attorneys, and court personnel, thank you for the respect that you have given the defendant and the law. You are excused. However, as you leave here today, remember you have a duty to uphold the oath of confidentiality concerning these proceedings, this case is closed," and she bang the gavel.

"Well they deserve it," Officer Hansen muttered after the jury raised their final verdict against the suspect.

"Yeah..," Officer Hamilton agreed.

"Lauren?"

And the 4 women lifted their heads and saw Austin.

"Austin..," Lauren moaned.

"I'm sorry, apologizing to you is not enough and I must pay," and his tears fell, "what I've done is unforgivable but I'm sorry Lauren, I'm sorry..."

And Lauren smiled and she embraced Austin, "don't do it again next time okay? You know, every question has an answer and you must think and weigh for it, your decision is still yours and you must careful about it."

"I will Lauren, I'm sorry and thank you."

"No problem buddy, see you soon."

And the jail officer pulled Austin, "I will Lauren..."

They saw Shawn laughing on himself, while the jail officer guides him to go out in that court and return to prison, even the other 4.

"He's not in himself anymore," Officer Hamilton commented.

"Well he must be frustrated of what happened, but Lauser he needs to pay for what he'd done, they've done to you," Officer Hansen replied.

"Why is this all happening?" Lauren asked.

"There's nothing you can do Lo, it was meant to be happened, the important right now is you're alive," Officer Hamilton said.

"They're right babe, don't fault yourself," Camila agreed to both officers.

"While I'm in coma, I talk to mom."

"Really."

"Yes, she said it's not my time yet and there's a girl who was waiting for me."

"I said, Camila?"

"And she replied, you will know if you will wake up, she's in your side right now and she's crying, she's waiting for you, and there, when I opened my eyes I saw you crying while holding my hands."

"You can't fault me."

"I know, 13 yrs."

"We already have children by that time."

"Children..?"

"Oh no..," Officer Hansen sighed and Officer Hamilton pulled her.

"We will leave now Mrs/Mrs. Jauregui," Officer Hamilton said while pulling Hansen.

And Lauren wave goodbye to her friends.

"You don't want?" and she pouted when she pull Lauren.

"Of course not, I do want it," Lauren answered with a chuckle.

"You mean, come on, we will go home."

"Okay, I love you Camz."

And Camila smiled, "I love you too Lauren, for more than anything."

"I know."

"Come on now," and she kiss her.

Lauren just smiled and lace Camila's hands with hers. And they left at the court.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ THE END _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A/N: And that's the end of my short story. Hope you glad it. And about the penalty, since it was complicated enough and a long story one, I can't fully give detail of that court proceedings, I just know basics and it gives me headache.

(Philippine Criminal Justice System) Murder is punished by reclusion temporal in its maximum period to death, and in accordance with article 50 the penalty for frustrated murder is one degree lower, or prision mayor in its maximum period to reclusion temporal in its medium period. The maximum period of this penalty is from ten years and one day to twelve years of prision mayor. It is true that article 250 of the Revised Penalty Code provides that the courts in view of the case, may impose upon the person guilty of frustrated crime of parricide, murder of homicide penalty lower by one degree than that which should be imposed by the provision of article 50, but there exist in this case no special reason for applying article 250. In accordance with Indeterminate Sentence Law the minimum penalty to be served by the defendant was correctly fixed at four years, two months, and one day. The appellant is therefore sentenced to suffer an indeterminate sentenced ranging from four years, two months, and one day of prision correccional to ten years and one day of prision mayor.

See it's kinda complicated and I'm not that good of commuting the sentence. So thank you for your time of reading this one and I apologize for the grammar. Sayonara.