[10]

---

---

Scarlett sat on one of the sofa's within the living room of Anubis house, talking with Mara, who she hadn't had a proper conversation with for what felt like forever. 

The conversation was cut short as Jerome walked into the living room, two boxes in his arms. 

"Gather 'round, gather 'round, everyone. I have for your selection, the finest array of masks for the up-and-coming ball," he announced, placing the boxes on the sofa Scarlett was still sitting at. She moved forward, beginning her search for a mask that matched her dress. "All of them, reasonable prices. There's not a single mask here that wouldn't make your face. Look more intriguing, mysterious, and charming."

"Oh, this one's mine," Alfie told, holding up a Frankenstein's monster mask. Scarlett let out a short laugh. 

"Except that one," Jerome finished. 

"Alfie, you can't wear that mask. My dress isn't green, and you're not eight," Amber informed. 

"Amber," Alfie complained. 

"Whipped," Eddie coughed. 

"At least he has a partner, Jedward," Scarlett defended, sending him a sarcastic smile.

"So you have a boyfriend then, Hermione?" 

"How heteronormative," Scarlett responded. "But no I don't have a boyfriend, they're a waste of time."

"Careful Scar, people might get offended," Jerome quipped, making her shove his arm. He chuckled, walking towards Nina, who was discussing the fact that she didn't have a dress.

"Really because you seem pretty friendly with Jerry over there," Eddie pointed out. 

"Not that it's any of your business, but Jerome and I have been friends forever, dumbass," she replied, rolling her eyes. She pulled out a mask she found that would match her dress and before Eddie could say anything she turned to Amber. 

"What do you think?" 

"It's perfect," she exclaimed. 

"Hey, Jerome, how much for this?" Scarlett called out. 

---

Scarlett awoke from the strangest dream. Nina and Fabian had kissed, Amber had wished her and Alfie could be like them, Scarlett danced with Eddie of all people and Nina fell down the chasm that was in the tunnels. The one that Scarlett still didn't understand. How did the chasm get there?

Amber and Fabian dragged her into the kitchen and told her about their dreams.

"Guys, I don't want to alarm you but I had that dream too," she revealed.