"Armin! I thought you were my friend!" I cried out, and that made Isabelle and him laugh." Eren, you've known him for three months now, it's not embarrassing." Isabelle reassured me and I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're right. It's not embarrassing because I only see him as the man I serve. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go do my chores, and try and forget about the horrific thought of me liking him!" I exclaimed as Mr Smith rung the tiny brass bell he always seemed to carry around that signified lunch was over.

We all bowed to each other and Isabelle and Farllon both waved, Isabelle with a smile and Farllon with a slight smile as well, before they walked away. Then Armin smiled at me before walking away too.

I sighed before placing my tray in the dish chute and shutting it for kitchen duty to clean it.

-+~•~+-

As I listened to my feet hit the floor, I thought about what Isabelle said a few days ago. "Are you one of those people that like him?"I remember denying it with every fibre of my being, but then again...

I can't help but get this fluttery feeling when I look into his steel grey-blue eyes, or the way I felt when he told me about Zane and his family. He's also watched me be clumsy, stupid, and full of flaws and he still treats me with incredible kindness. That and he is the first friend I ever had...

The thought made me unconsciously smile as I continued to walk down the hallway. When I finally saw the bottom of a door at the top of my vision, I looked up and saw the double doors that led to Levi's study.

I don't like him.

He is just a close friend and the man I serve.

I took a deep breath before laying a series of knocks on the door."Come in." I heard him say from inside as always, and I opened the door. He was sitting at his desk and reading through a scroll before sighing. "I can't believe this..." he mumbled under his breath. "May I ask what?" I asked, and he raised an eyebrow. "You already did." He deadpanned, making me sweat-drop. "Have you heard of the kingdom Utopia?" He asked, and I nodded. "The lord is visiting in a week to negotiate a spot in our alliance, and he's a total-" I cut him off when I raised my hands in the air. "No bad words!" I exclaimed as I put my hands on my hips.

He gave me a 'you're weird' face before sighing."Anyways, he's a total jerk," he emphasized 'jerk', and I gave him a thumbs up "and he specifically wants to work out the negotiations with me. He probably thinks I'm just some weak little kid who'll probably cave in to his demands just because he is the lord of a powerful village." He said with a sigh, and I chuckled before smiling at him."I can't wait to see his face when he actually meets you." I said, and Levi chuckled slightly. "Same here." He replied, and I couldn't help but laugh again, and he gave me another look of scepticism. "Sorry, it's just that... you? Weak? Those are two words I never thought would be in the same sentence." I said with a giggle, and I saw his cheekbones rise."I completely agree." He replied, making me laugh again.

I started sweeping the floor again as we both just worked in comfortable silence. I don't like him, he's just the person I work for and a close friend. That's all.

-+~•~+-

Today is the day that Armin leaves the castle so he can go on a month-long journey with Mistress Rico. He's going so he can learn about the ingredients for potions that are found there and how to obtain, as well as how to handle himself against other magic users.

The whole time he'll be away he is going to be evaluated and depending on how well he does, that determines whether or not he can continue his apprenticeship. "This is gonna be awesome!" Armin quietly exclaimed under his breath as he shoved the last pair of shoes in his suitcase.