"Wish we had that here," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as I realized how tired I was.

Their economic system was as normal as most villages. It consisted of -

"Boring," I mumbled as I flipped away from the many pages of money and their economy. Then I found myself at a page of folklore and legends.

The Monster of the Night Sky -

The children on Trost made a silly story, in which it was used to scare the younger, more vulnerable children. The story goes a little something like this; a woman from a far off kingdom visited Trost because of family issues. While here, she reported hearing odd roaring noises outside her house and giant eyes that one time watched her through her window whilst she slept, only to find out that no one had seen a giant creature lurking around at night. Supposedly, after experiencing such events, she went insane. One day, she ran into the woods, and while the knights searched for her, they could hear her muffled screams, but never found her.

Many years later, as the kingdom was expanding, the dug a hole in the ground for the foundation of their new buildings. As construction ensued, a worker found a coffin in the middle of his designated hole. After receiving the proper help to pull it out, they opened it. It was the body of the woman who had visited so many years ago. Except, the only thing left was her head and left arm. Which had the word 'Titan' engraved on it.

It is believed that she eaten by the giant know as Titans, then found by the Titans Queen which then left her in the coffin.

"Geez. This was a kid's story?!" I exclaimed in shock as I read on through the horrifying details.

It is said that if you don't close your curtains when you go to sleep, the Titan will return and take you to the forest where you will suffer the same fate as the woman all those years ago.

By now, I was kind of done with this story. "I need puppies..." I murmured. That was when I heard scratching. I whipped around and saw that little ball of fluff scratching on my window. I let out a sigh of relief as I scowled at the little guy.

He only whimpered and motioned for the window. "Oh my, Maria you have to use the bathroom," I said in realization.

-+~•~+-

"Finally, How Long were you needing to go?!" I exclaimed as the tiny dog trotted into my room, acting like he had never experienced such freedom before.

I shook my head as I sat back down at the desk and continued to read the book. I was done with horror stories, so I went for legends instead of folklore.

The Princess of hope -

The King himself believed in this story because a woman whom he believed was Marian her self came and told him. It is prophesied that in many generations, a princess would be born. She would be a great leader and could heal better than anyone ever before. Her heart would be as big as a lion, and she would be as bright as the sun. That's where the name 'Princess of the Sun' comes in.

It is rumoured that a forgotten detail is that she would also be a warrior, capable of taking down even the most formidable of enemies if it meant she would save her kingdom or a person she cared for. Her beauty would be unimaginable, and she would be the ruler the kingdom had been waiting for.

"This lady sounds amazing..." I mumbled under my breath.

A woman ruling an entire kingdom! Now that was cool.

I was officially bored with legends, so I went to a page labelled, Safety Measures. It talked about the security and the strength of the walls, as well as the knights. There was a drawing of a knight, and the armour consisted of an iron chest plate, helmet, and leggings. Each wielded a spear, which had the shape of two wings as the spearhead.

The crest on the chest plate had your average sand dollar, but it was surrounded by a drawing of waves. Another special security measure is the tracking amulet used to find missing royal family members.

Now that got my attention.

Because of the intense healing power of the royal family, it was believed that they would be captured or sold because of their gifts, so King Leo ordered his most talented engineers to invent a device that could detect such powerful magicks.

The engineers claimed that that was impossible, so they proposed an alternative. Each member of the royal family would be given special necklace, which opened the box holding the crown of Trsot, it also contained a gem, that was magically connected to the tracking amulet, and could be tracked from hundreds of miles away. The closer it is to the necklace given to each member of the royal family, the brighter the amulet became. The brightest the jewel could ever become is if it was less than a foot away from the locket and the designated royal family member.

King Leo approved and the necklaces and amulets were created.

"That's actually really smart," I muttered, and I rubbed my eyes as I looked out the window. It was nearly lunchtime. I sighed and looked back at the book because I was officially invested. Then I saw a photo of one of the necklaces.

It was in the shape of a key and had a diamond in the front as told in the story.

"Funny. That kind of looks like-" I was cut off as the pup jumped onto my desk and barked. I scrambled to shush it, but he wouldn't shut up. Then he finally did, but he motioned to the door. I looked over, and it was slightly ajar.

"Oh Freckled Jesus! Someone could see!" I exclaimed as I scrambled to shut it. As the door clicked shut I turned around. The dog was turning through pages of the book. "Hey!" I yelled as I ran over to the desk.

When I finally picked him up and got him off, I looked back at the book, which was now staring at me with a different page. There was fire on this one. The Fire of Trost, it is rumoured that an evil warlock fire user came to Trost and let the fire get out of control and started raging around.

It burned many homes and no matter how many knights came and tried to wash it out, it wouldn't work, and the King was too late to capture the warlock. The fire was incredibly disastrous, and in the end, the entire kingdom was caught in its web of immense heat.

Only a few survived, but the royal family did not. Piles of ashes were found, and it is believed that they belonged to King Grisha, Queen Carla, and Princess-

The sentence continued on the next page, but it was torn out of the book."Well, that's anti-climactic." I mumbled under my breath. After I inspected it, I realized that this was very intentional."I should probably return this before someone notices." I said to myself, and the pup nudged my leg.

I looked down at it, a little ticked at everything he's put me through today, but he was giving me his puppy dog eyes. I frowned and scratched him under his chin, to which he manoeuvred his head to lick my palm. When I looked out the window, it was nearly sunset."Oh, Maria!" I exclaimed as my stomach yelled at me in the form of a growl.

"My bad..." I mumbled with a sheepish smile. I pat my stomach and walked to the door for some dinner. The dog looked at me with expecting eyes.

"Don't worry I'll bring you food too," I said, and he gave me an excited bark. I smiled at his eagerness before shutting the door behind me.

Then I remembered.

I'm in my pyjamas.

——————————————————