not a party without you

Nicole's P.O.V:

I tried to call Austin a lot on Sunday, and then on Monday I gave up. My phone rang Tuesday morning when I was sitting in front of the tv watching Full House with Isabella. I had had a sleepover with either Valerie, Alexis, or Isabella, every night for the past couple of weeks. "Yellow?" I yawned. "Sorry to wake you." Robert said. "Oh you didn't wake me. I've been awake for a few hours." It was noon, I couldn't sleep in later than 10.

"Is that so? Well I have some news for you." He sounded giddy. "Spill." I was eager to know what he was about to tell me. Then I remembered Belle was right next to me. "Um Robert, is this news a secret? Because I can go in a different room if it is." I suggested. "It depends, who is with you?" He asked. "Isabella." She gave me a confused look. "Oh, then put me on speaker." I pressed the button so that both me and Belle could hear him. "Wait. Just how important is this news?" I questioned. "Why so many questions!?" He yelled. "Sorry, but if it's super important, then I should get Val to come over." I said. "Alright, but hurry. I have a bowl of mac n cheese calling my name." He was such a dork.

"Ok, we're ready!" I shouted. Valerie, Belle, and I had no idea what Robert was about to say. "Ya'll ready for this?" Robert said and then music started to play through his line of the phone. "Robert!" We all yelled. "Sorry, sorry. Ok. I brought you all here today to discuss.... Austin's record deal with Chase/universal records!" We all looked at each other and screamed. We jumped onto the couch, I pulled out my phone, and we blasted say somethin. I could hear Robert singing along with us. "Omygoodness. I'm so proud of him!" I exclaimed.

Once we calmed down Robert talked again. "I knew you would be! But please don't tell Austin I told you." He begged. "Why?" I wondered. "Well he wasn't exactly supposed to let the news spill but he secretly called me an hour ago. I decided that we should celebrate and have a dinner party at Pizza Hut. Sound good?" The only reason the decision was hard was because I didn't really forgive Austin for standing me up. And it's not like he tried to call me to explain why he did. Belle and Val looked at me for my opinion. I still wasn't sure. But they gave me the puppy dog eyes. "Ok. What time?" I asked. "Around 5:30. You ladies can just meet us at the restaurant." He said. "Is it cool if I invite Alexis?" It wasn't right not to ask her. "I think Tyler already took care of that." He laughed and we heard Tyler, "Shut up Robert!" He was adorable. "Alrighty, we'll be there."-----------------------------------------------

"So, you and Tyler..." I winked at Alexis. "What? There is no me and Tyler." She said. "But you wish there was." I hinted. She just glared at me. "I can't believe he told you the news about Austin before I did." I whined. "Well believe it." She laughed. "So, you two text a lot, don't you?"I asked a leading question. "Maybe." She tried to hide her grin.

We caught up to Valerie and Isabella who were walking faster than us. Then we walked into Pizza Hut. All of the guys were there, except for Austin. But he was probably just running late. That boy always took a long time to get ready.

"Nice to see you ladies looking lovely as ever." Robert was such a smooth talker. "As nice as it is to get compliments, you should save them for one special lady." I said. "Sorry, you all just look really nice. And any guys would be jealous of me, Tyler, Alex, and Austin, for getting to hang with you." He made us all smile. "Val that dress looks great on you." Robert said. She looked at her magenta sun dress and blushed. "Thanks."

"Speaking of Austin, where is he?" I was a little worried. "I just texted him, but he didn't reply. Let me call him." Alex went outside. When he came back in he told us that Austin was stuck in a meeting with his new label and wasn't sure how many more hours he would be there. "Well, this sucks." Isabella said. "How can he not be at his own celebration party?" Alex nodded in agreement and they awkwardly made eye contact. Then they both looked away. "Why don't we enjoy some pizza anyways. I mean, we are at the hut of pizzas." Robert lead us to a group of tables that were connected. He pulled out Valeries chair for her. Tyler pulled out Alexis's chair and the rest of us seated ourselves.

I enjoyed a few slices of pepperoni/sausage pizza with pineapple. We all talked for a long while and then noticed that it was already 8:30. We said goodbyes and headed home. It wasn't the best idea to walk around town after dark. But at least there were 4 of us walking and there were always streetlights, not that they shined very brightly. We stayed close together for protection. It was a cloudy night in La Vernia. "I don't like the dark." Alexis complained. "We're fine. Just keep walking." I said but wasn't so sure that was the truth. The wind was howling in our ears and was a little creepy.

"Hey!" A voice yelled. At the same instant, all four of us screamed. "It's just me!" We turned around to see Austin breathing heavily. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "It's nice to see you too." He joked. "Sorry, you just scared us." I said. "Really? I didn't notice by the screaming and the ghastly looks on your faces." He started to crack up. "You think you're so funny, don't you?"Alexis was shaking still. "Ya I kind of do. No but seriously, I didn't mean to frighten you." He said. "How'd you know we were here?" I wondered. "Well I got to Pizza Hut just as the guys were leaving and they told me you were all walking back to the hotel. So I kept running until I found you." Austin was still out of breath. "Wow, so we're that important to you?" Alexis asked. "More like one of us is really important to him." Valerie mumbled under her breath. Luckily Austin didn't hear her comment.

We all walked into the hotel lobby. "So what happened to you the other night?" I was curious to know. "What do you mean?" Austin was clueless. "I just remembered that I left my wallet in Valerie's purse. Why don't we go get it?" Isabella said to Val and Alexis. She was clearly lying to leave me and Austin alone to talk. She didn't even carry a wallet.

"So anyways..." Austin patted the seat next to him on the couch and let me continue. "I meant Saturday night. You never came to pick me up for dinner." He hit his forehead with his hand. "Ok, so I was all ready to come and pick you up. Then Ricky from loud radio called and guilt tripped me into answering some fan questions. I agreed to quickly answer a few and before I knew it, I lost track of time. Then for some dumb reason, I went down to the station and hosted with him. I know that is no excuse for standing you up. And I feel so terrible. Man, I'm such a jerk." He said very quickly and he truly looked sorry. "Don't beat yourself up. I figured you had a reason." I gave a knowing smile. "Wait, you seriously aren't that upset?" He raised an eyebrow. "No, it's not a big deal. It just got worried when you didn't answer my calls." I admitted. "Oh, my phone was out of battery so I turned it off to charge it. I'm sorry. But I did try to call you once I got back home from the station." I grinned. "I must not have heard the ring over the loud music." I said. "What music?"  He stared at me. "Since I got tired of waiting for you to come, no offense, but it wasn't the most fun thing; I called Valerie. Then she came over along with Alexis, and we had a mini dance party." I laughed at myself for being so nerdy.

"Aww I wish I was there." Austin whined. "Ya right, you would have just made fun of us for listening to one direction." I said. "Are you kidding? I love one direction." I couldn't tell if he was serious. "Really?" I inquired. "Yeah, I love playing more than this on guitar. And live while we're young is awesome." I knew there was a reason I liked him. Well that was one of the many. "You're just too good to be true." I whispered. I did not mean to say that out  loud, and I hoped he didn't hear me. "So... congratulations on your record deal! I'm so proud of you." He grinned. "Thanks, I was so excited when chase/universal called me, I fell off the chair I was sitting on." I laughed when I imagined that. "Well you completely deserve it. I know how had you work." I said.

After moments of silence Austin's phone buzzed. "That was Dave, he's waiting for me outside." We both got up from the couch. "We should go out sometime. But for real this time." He said. "That would be fun." I agreed. "Let's see, I have practices this weekend and I'm singing at the hospital. How about next Friday?" I wished I could. "I'm actually going back home this Saturday." His expression became sad. "Seriously?" I nodded. "I wish I wasn't." I didn't want to look up at him. "Well, we have to make the best of your few days left here." He said. I heard a car honk outside. "I should go." Austin reached his long arms out and pulled me close to him. I wasn't sure of I was hearing things but I swore I heard him say, "No, you're too good to be true." I didn't mention it to him though. As he walked out the door, he turned around. He stopped and winked at me. My night was made.