Thoughts

Austin's P.O.V:

I was really excited that Nicole was going to be singing on stage with me in a couple of weeks. I knew that she was extremeley nervous, but she would love performing. Hopefully.

*Knock knock* 

I opened my bedroom door to see Nicole. I had invited her over to practice for our performance together. But honestly I just wanted an excuse to hang out with her.

Nicole made herself comfortable in her favorite twisty chair that was in my room.  

"So shall we practice?" I asked. 

"Ok, is there a specific song we should work on?" 

"I actually haven't picked out the song we will sing. So I thought we could just get used to our voices together." 

"Sounds good. Do you know 'Wish You Were Here?" 

She suggested one of Cody Simpson's more recent songs. I listened to it pretty often.  

So I agreed that we should sing it. 

Me: "Lately I got this feeling. I don't know what's the meaning. But I know it's strong and it's over you. All I want is to be home with you.

Nicole: I'm coming right back. Living without you is an oh no. I'm coming right back.

Both: I wish you were here. Ya I wish you were here. Music is better. Lights are brighter when you are near.

Nicole: Car, bus, train, go and get a cab, just fly here, jet pack. Roger that. Do you copy, I was a puzzle piece but you solved me. Our future lies so clear. But right now I wish you were here.

We both knew the song word perfect, making it sound awesome. When Nicole sang Becky G's rap, I swear she got more attractive. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Nicole snapped me out of my trance. 

I realized I had been staring at her since the music stopped.  

"What way was I looking at you?" 

"Like a little boy looking at the last scoop of ice cream." 

"Sorry I was just thinking." 

"About what?" 

"Um, nothing." I said quickly. 

She raised her eyebrows and gave me a skeptical glance. 

Then she got up and sat next to me on my bed. "So how did I sound?" 

I couldn't even describe her voice. It was unique. I couldn't choose the right words to say. 

"Was I that bad?" My speechless state had her worried. 

"You weren't bad at all. You sounded amazing." She blushed and hugged her knees.

Nicole's P.O.V: 

Austin rubbed my cheek with his thumb causing my face to burn even more.  

He grinned at me, staring into my eyes. Suddenly our faces were inches apart...

"Austin." There was a knock on the door. 

Me and Austin quickly scooted away from each other.  

Mama Mahone came into the room and we pretended to be on our phones. 

"Austin, the radio station is on the phone. They want to do an interview." She held the telephone in her hand. 

Austin glanced over at me before taking the phone.  

"You two sounded great by the way." Michelle left the room.

"I think I'll just go." I started to head toward the door. But Austin grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. 

"Kis...catch you later." As I headed down the stairs, I grinned at Austin's little slip up.  

"Thank you for having me over Michelle." 

"Anytime Nicole, you're family." 

--------- 

I walked up the stairs and into Isabella's bedroom. Her and Valerie were reading some gossip magazine. I sat upside down on the edge of the bed. 

"Why are you so smiley?"Belle asked. 

"No reason." 

"Come on, there has to be a reason." Val pleaded me to talk. 

I sat upright and grinned. "Austin almost kissed me." Grins appeared on the two faces in front of me. 

"What do you mean almost?" 

"Well we were like an inch apart when Austin's mom knocked on the door." 

"Oh. That sucks." 

"Sort of, but maybe we weren't meant to kiss yet." 

"How could you say that?" 

"Well it's not like we're dating or anything." 

"But you have gone on an official date and you have hung out together for years." 

"I know. I just want to take things slow."

"So why did you leave his house?" 

"He had to do some over-the-phone radio interview." 

"Well what are we doing sitting here?!" Val questioned. 

"What station?" 

"I have no clue." 

We used the I<3radio>

"So Austin, I heard that you have a house in Florida as well as in Texas. How is that?" Ricardo Ordieres asked.  

"It's really cool. I love it here in La Vernia and Miami is really nice as well." 

"How long do you normally spend in each place?" 

"Well, I try to spend more months in Texas." He paused for a moment. "I'm actually going back to Miami in a few weeks." 

A feeling of sadness overcame me. Of course I realized that Austin wouldn't stay in La Vernia forever, I just didn't think he would leave so soon.

The radio interview ended and I got lost in my thoughts.

What if Austin forgets about me when he goes to Miami? What if our friendship is just a short term thing? What if..

"Hey, are you alright?" Isabella noticed my silence.  

"Just thinking."  

"Thoughts can be dangerous."