Mistletoe

Robert's P.O.V:

After school Monday I couldn't decide if I should be brave or wimp out. Part of me really wanted to be a wimp.

"Dude, I can't do this." I said to Tyler.

"She's right there, just go!" I 'casually' turned around to see Valerie putting books into her locker. Her red curly hair was looking very shiny. The second she flipped it, I was dead serious overwhelmed.

Tyler gave me a slight push and before I could stop myself my feet were moving towards her. Her head was in her locker, so I low-key stood near her. She slammed her locker shut.

"Hey."She put her hand on her neck when she saw me.

"Robert, you scared me."

"Sorry about that." I stood there awkwardly and then looked behind me. Tyler was standing a ways away and motioned for me to keep talking. I bet Valerie saw him.

"So Val," I faced back towards her, "This is sort of crazy of me to ask. I mean you're so awesome, and I'm just well me...."

"Just ask."

"Huh?"

"What's your question."

"Oh, well would you consider going to winter formal with me?" She grinned.

"I'll think about it."

"Oh, ok cool." She didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"I thought about it and I'd be super happy to go with you."

"Then it's a date."

"Great!" She exclaimed as she threw her arms around my neck. I hugged her back and saw that Tyler was walking down the hall. He gave me a thumbs up. "Thank you." I mouthed.

------------

Nicole's P.O.V:

"Why are you so smiley?" I asked Valerie, who looked like she was in lala land as she walked up the staircase in our house.

"No reason."

"Don't give me that."

"Don't give who what?" Isabella came into the hallway.

"Val was just about to tell me why she is smiling."

She pushed me and Belle into her room and shut the door. I fell onto an overstuffed chair. Val took an excited breath.

"I'm going to winter formal with Robert!" She looked at me and Belle for our approval. I stayed seated and scrolled through my phone. I clicked on music.

"Celebrate good times c'mon!"

We got up and happy danced around the room. We even started a conga line.

"Can you turn your dumb music down?" Carder popped his head in.

"Cmon you know you want to join our celebration." I replied. He thought about it and joined our conga line.

"That never happened. Aight? So why are we celebrating?"

"Robert asked me to go to the dance with him." Val stated happily. I could tell Carder was trying to bite his tongue.

"That's cool. So everyone has a date and is happy now?"

"No, I'm still forever alone." Belle said softly.

"Girl, that is not true. I bet some guy out there is trying to get up the courage to ask you to go to the dance." I said with confidence.

"Doubt it."