a picture is worth a thousand words

Nicole's P.O.V.:

Once we got back to the hotel I changed into my comfy pjs. My legs were aching from falling so much. I grabbed my purple Ipad and layed upside down on my bed. Valerie turned on Spongebob and we started laughing hysterically. Sometimes I wondered if we were really 16.

I went onto Facebook and saw a message from my cousin Isabella, who was the same age as me. "Hey cuz. How's everything? Just thought you should now that I'm coming down for the wedding."

To Belle: Yay, I look forward to seeing you!

To Nico: It should be fun. :) Hey, do you have any guy friends that you would like to set me up with?

To Belle: Don't even go there Bells. Things between me and the boys are crazy right now. You have no idea.

To Nico: I was only joking. Wait. The boys? As in your old group of friends.

To Belle: Yes, as in Austin, Alex, Robert and Tyler.

To Nico: Get out. I had no clue you were hanging out with them again. How lucky are you?!

To Belle: Again, you have no idea. I gotta go. See ya in a few weeks.

I logged off of Facebook. I wish I could explain everything to Isabella, but that would call for me being able to explain it all. Which I couldn't. "Who were you messaging?" Val looked over my shoulder. "Just Belle, she's coming for the wedding." She lived in Dallas, which was a few hours from my old house. We hadn't seen her since we lived in San Antonio. "Awesome. It's been what? Four years since I've seen her?"

I logged into my Twitter account @MissRanchDressing. I clicked on home and scrolled down. What I saw completely shocked me. There was a picture of my head in Austin's lap and his arms were around me. We  were both peacefully sleeping and had no idea that someone was capturing the moment. It was an adorable  picture. "Val check this out." I showed it to her and smiled. But then I saw the comments. There must have  been a thousand terrible comments. Ranging from "Who does she think she is?" to "Forget that loser" to  things that I would never say out loud. I looked at the trends and saw that "ForgetThatB" had been trending  for 4 hours. A tear rolled down my pale cheek as I showed Valerie. "You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?" She shook her head. "Of course not. I would never do something to hurt you, I hope you know that. Nicki I am so sorry." I feel onto her shoulder and soaked her shirt a little bit. Once the tears stopped an hour later, I decided to go talk to Austin. We trudged down the long hotel hallway. I'm sure we looked funny. Me with mascara stains on my cheeks and both of us in our colorful pjs. I could barely lift up my hand to knock on the door.

Austin's P.O.V.:

 I looked into the peephole and saw that it was Nicole and Valerie. I opened the door. "Hey, wanna come in?" Nicole looked like she did not want to, but she was pushed inside. Then I saw the tears that had dried below her normally sparkling brown eyes. "Cole, what's wrong?" I stared at her to show that I truly cared.  Because she was really important to me. "Have you been on Twitter lately?" Val asked. "Not really, I've been trying to control my addiction to it." She took out her phone and brought up Twitter. Then she showed me a picture of me and Nicole. We were both asleep and it made me smile. I didn't see what the problem was. "So what?" She clicked on the replies. Then the sympathy hit me. I was so upset with the mahomies. Nicole ran out the door. "That's horrible, I can't believe people these days." I mumbled. I went onto my Twitter and sent a quick tweet.

"I just need to say that I am very disappointed in all of you. The girl in that picture is my friend. If you can't respect that, then you clearly can't respect me. What happened to #HatersGonnahateMahomiesgonnaLove ?"

I went into the hallway and found her sitting against the wall. Her head down resting on her knees. I sat down beside her  and talked to her gently. "Cole, I am truly sorry that this happened. I have no clue who took that picture, but please don't take the comments to heart. They are all lies." She didn't move but mumbled. "How do I not take them personally?" I knew exactly how she felt. She didn't know that when I first posted some covers on YouTube, a lot of hate went on. "Hey, look at me." She slowly tilted her head so that she could catch my glance. "Nicole Rose Ranch, you are an amazing person with a good heart and a beautiful soul. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."  

She looked deeply into my eyes for a while. Then she placed her hand on my shoulder so that her soft lips could reach my cheek. It was a sweet kiss that I wasn't expecting. I couldn't control the grin that forced it's way onto my mouth. I wrapped my arm over her so that we were closer. "You have to admit... We look pretty cute together." She rolled her eyes. "I saw that!" She gave an innocent smile. "Saw what?" I gave her an evil grin before I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She pounded on my back trying to get me to put her down. But I just ran back to the room.  

When we entered my room Nicole was giggling loudly and I set her down. The guys had just gotten back from the arcade and they looked happy to see us. Valerie looked the opposite of happy. Then she stormed out the door. I was very lost. "What's up with her?" I wondered.

Nicole's P.O.V:

"It's complicated. Let me go talk to her." Austin grabbed my arm. "Wait, we have to go back to my house tomorrow morning. Can't you hang here for a while?" I was really sad to hear that. "I don't know if that's a good idea." He gave me a puzzled look. "Why not?" I didn't say anything and walked to my room.

Valerie was on her bed with her head leaning on her fist. She was munching on pretzels, which she always ate when she was upset. "Look Val, I'm sorry, he picked me up. I didn't mean to make you feel bad." She wouldn't look up at me. "You know what? It's ok. You can have Austin. He clearly likes you." She tried to cover up her sadness with a smile. "Don't give me that Val. I don't want Austin anyways." I lied. I wasn't sure how much I really wanted to date Austin, but I did a little. I just didn't think it was worth hurting Valerie's feelings.