[ angry kisses pt. 2 ]

i've gotten a request to write a followup: "this would make a really good story, them doing this, maybe getting caught, the person who caught them not believing them, and being forced to face their true feelings. i would definitely read that." 

sorry i don't remember who asked for it, but i hope you see this!

words: 1194

. . .

"You're so insufferable, Stoll." Katie tried (and failed) to stop the moan escaping her lips as Travis pounced on her hungrily. Even if he was the very essence of her pleasure, she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing it.

Travis' lips traveled from her lips to her neck, his nose fitting on her jawline. With hands roaming around each other and whimpers of tension building up, the area behind the Demeter cabin became suffocating.

"You don't know what you do to me." The sentence had meant to come across as heated and full of disgust, but it sounded more lustful than anything. He cursed under his breath for her ability to unravel him.

She only smiled devilishly in response, running her hands down his chest.

The magic of her fingertips tracing patterns on his skin was dizzying, muddling Travis' mind and letting a string of disorganized half-words fall from his mouth. For some reason, today felt different than the rest of the times he and Katie met behind her cabin and "took their anger out" on each other. Not that it ever registered as strange; the way his teeth grazed across her bottom lip, how she ran her fingers through his curly mess of hair, never felt out of place. It fit in their lives like any normal activity - they were enemies, and they just let off steam in more ways than one.

Yup, they were definitely enemies and not anything else.

"Hey Travis, I..." 

Oh, no.

Katie shoved Travis off of her, and he cringed when he saw Connor standing at the corner of the cabin, peering at them in shock. Soon, though, he was grinning from ear to ear with an impish gleam in his eye. 

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" Connor slinked closer to them, giving off no intention of leaving without explanation and perhaps some bribery.

Katie scowled. "I told you behind the cabin was the stupidest idea ever. Now look what you've done."

"What I've done?" Travis jabbed a finger at her. "It was you who wanted to start this up in the first place!"

He was decently sure he was actually the one who suggested it, but no matter.

Connor bellowed a laugh. "Finally! The whole camp's been wanting you two lovebirds to get together. I can't wait to tell everyone." He raised an eyebrow, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"No!" Katie scrambled towards him, yanking his shirt collar into a fist and bringing him threateningly close to her angry face. "Why would you ever think I'd get with Travis?"

He shrugged. "I dunno, maybe because I just walked in on you making out with him?"

She was not about to let another Stoll ruin her life like the other had already done. Saving her reputation from becoming someone who hung around the likes of them was her new priority of the moment. Before she could defend herself, though, Travis butt in.

"Uh, no. Dude, we hate each other." His reasoning didn't erase the fact that they'd just been caught.

"You're an idiot." Katie stomped her foot on his, pleased in the way he yelped and held his foot. "You do know that I'm using it as a distraction to keep you from pranking my cabin and me, right?"

He winked at her. "Or you can't resist my rugged good looks and impeccable wooing abilities."

Connor snorted, pushing himself into the conversation again. "Or you're head over heels for her, and you're trying to get her to admit she feels the same."

Travis and Katie both swiveled their heads to the younger Stoll. 

"He... what?" Now it was Katie's turn to smile eagerly, facing Travis with a smug expression.

Travis' bright blue eyes widened, prompting Connor to shut up and pause for his response. 

Nothing.

"Hey, guys, come look!" Connor leaned out from behind the cabin and motioned to some campers walking by. "Trav and Katie were making out behind the Demeter cabin!" 

Katie glared at Travis, jabbing him in the stomach with her elbow. "What now, genius?" 

He flashed her a lopsided grin and lifted a shoulder. "Dunno. Guess we could talk it over?"

"Talk what over?"

"How I'm head over heels for you, Katie Gardner."

Katie choked on air. He'd said that just as the other campers were rounding the corner to see what the spectacle was. She shook herself and held up her hands, refusing to acknowledge her heart skipping beats. "You're what?"

He found a sudden interest in his shoes. "I guess it's probably time I came to terms with that. I haven't really thought about it until right this second, actually." He let out a breathy laugh. 

"Ha! I knew it," one of the campers watching gloated, puffing his chest and clapping his hands together. 

Travis didn't move or react to the other demigods joining in on the teasing, he just stared right at her. His hands found hers, holding them and keeping a tight hold on them. Hopeful. Nervous.

Loving.

Katie's mind whirred, the growing realization that Travis just confessed he had feelings for her. Travis Stoll. For her. 

Whoa. 

"I..." She began a statement she wasn't sure how to end, but trailed off and sent a steely glower to the small crowd of people rapidly gathering around them. "Screw off, can't you guys find something better to do?" 

"No," Connor offered cheekily, warranting a punch in the arm from another camper.

"Get lost," Travis hummed. 

Connor sighed, turning to the group and shrugging. "Well, guys, looks like we'd better let them pick back up where they left off."

If Travis had been in a less-frenzied state of mind, he'd have slugged his brother. But Connor took his leave, along with everyone else, before he got the chance. 

They were alone again.

Travis still couldn't think straight, having just proclaimed his love for his mortal nemesis. How could he have? He was supposed to hate this girl, yet there she stood, lips full and eyes even fuller, wordlessly asking to give an explanation.

The thing was, he didn't have an explanation.

"Sorry," he muttered. "I was trying to get them off our backs... er, I mean, I couldn't think of anything else to do, an- mm?"

He was cut off short by Katie's lips slotting into his, and he once again lost himself in her effortlessly. His arms found their way around her waist, easing up her back and finding a home between her shoulder blades like usual. 

He put his all into that kiss, not knowing if it would be their last. 

But, when they broke away, her eyelids low and her teeth gnawing on her lip, he figured it would be far from that.

"I don't hate you, either."

He groaned, rolling his eyes and shoving away from her. "That's all I get? Come on, I just basically admitted that I'm in love with you and you just don't hate me?"

She laughed, reaching for his hand and intertwining their fingers. "Don't push your luck, Stoll. But just between you and me, it's a lot more than not-hate."

And it was, indeed, a lot more than not-hate.