That face of an angel comes out just when you need it to

"Oo he's kinda cute!" Taylor exclaimed. Pointing at some young actor not so subtly.
"Taylor stop!" Selena scolded, slapping her hand down. Taylor loved annoying her. She was like the little sister she never had.
"You're here to win golden globes not get me STD's."
"We can't get both?" Taylor grinned devishly at her and Selena let out a cackle.
"If the public knew how dirty you really were..."
"Shut up."
After a little longer of picking out men and getting hyped up for the night, Taylor took Selena's hand and lead her out onto the red carpet.
"TAYLOR OVER YOUR SHOULDER!"
"ONE OF THE TWO OF YOU HUGGING!"
"Our second home." Taylor said rolling her eyes at her friend.
~~~~~~~~~~
"I think that's enough." Emma said, stealing Taylor's shot glass from her hands.
"Okay Mom." Taylor sneered as rolled her blue eyes and rested her chin on her hands. She leant in closer to the table and scanned the room.
"By the way..."She smirked at her friends. "we're not leaving 'till we find Selena a man."
Selena covered her face with her hands.
"Can you guys stop already!"
"Aw Selena." Taylor pinched her cheeks and pouted her lips. "We're only trying to get you laid so you can forget about that ass and stop being a bitch."
Selena narrowed her eyes and shrugged Taylor off of her. The sudden movement was a little much for her drunk body and ,she too, buried her face in her hands, letting out a muffled groan. She always ended up drinking at these things.
"What about him!" Emma shook her excitedly, nodding towards some guy. She wasn't bothered to look up until she noticed the sudden silence between her two friends.
"This must be some guy-" She lifted her head up and froze. The smile fell from her face.
She could recognise the back of that man's body anywhere. Laughing, he turned in their direction. Seeing his face again- she just couldn't explain the pain that came across her body, her mind. He'd taken everything from her. Everything
Taylor stoop up abruptly from her seat, pushing the table forward. Some unwanted stares from people around her came her way but she didn't care. She just had to get out of there.
"Taylor I'm so sorry-" Emma began, pulling at her arm but Taylor couldn't focus on anything at that moment. Anything apart from him.
Jake Gyllenhaal.
The first man she'd ever really loved. The first to shatter her heart. He stopped whatever he was saying to the actress next to him and dropped his jaw slightly.
They both stood there staring at each other, meters apart, each speechless. He looked so handsome.
She'd tried so hard to forget him. To be okay again after he broke her. And now here he was. Looking exactly the same. She felt like she was in that room again, blowing out birthday candles. Trying not to cry and desperately hoping that he would show. She'd given him so many chances and he'd never failed to let her down. She wasn't about to go through that again.
Turning briskly on her heel, Taylor pushed her way through the crowd to get to the bathroom. As she did so, tears couldn't help but come pouring down her face.
Finally she made it to the bathroom. She leant her back against the door and slid down it until she hit the ground. Now sobbing, she pressed her forehead against her knees and watched tears,black from mascara fall onto the yellow dress in her lap.
"Taylor?" She got up quickly as she heard a knock against the other side of the door. Of course he was here.
"Can I come in?... please." His voice was so soft and soothing. One part of her was aching to let him and let him wrap his big arms around her. The other knew better.
"It's the girl's bathroom." She managed to sniffle out. After she did she realised it would probably only make him laugh. To her horror, she caught a glimpse of herself in the bathroom mirror.
"Fuck me." Taylor mumbled to herself, trying to unsmudge the mascara running down her face. She hated herself for it but she still wanted to look good for him. Why did she care about what he thought of her?
"Taylor."
She heard the bathroom door open. His figure appeared behind her in the mirror. He looked like he felt sorry for her. Fuck that. She didn't want his pity.
"What do you want?" She said still only looking at him through the mirror.
"I wanted to make sure you were okay."
Taylor span around to face him.
"Okay? Of course I'm not fucking okay Jake!"
Jake backed away from her, alarmed.
"Hey, just calm down."
He grabbed her hand and moved closer to her but she turned away from him and faced the mirror once more. Desperately she tried to stop her breaths from shaking.
She felt his body press up against the back of hers as he wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Jake-" She whispered as she tried to shrug him off but he had other ideas.
"Shh just relax."
Taylor tried desperately to suppress a moan but she couldn't help it. She knew it was wrong. That he was bad for her. But her body just reacted so well with his. It wasn't a choice.
She took one last glance at her self in the mirror before she felt his arms spin her around and his lips on hers.
What was she doing! How had she gotten herself back into this situation? She hated him yet she was kissing him back. Her body had yearned for his ever since they'd broke up. There'd been months of crying and convincing herself he was bad for her and now here she was. Giving in.
"Stop." She said, breaking away from the kiss. "I-We can't."
Jake kissed her again softly before running his fingers through her hair. He knew exactly how to work her. She was useless against him.
"Why don't I drive you home and we can just-talk."
"I don't think-" she tried to wriggle out of his arms.
"Just talk."
~~~
"Taylor there you are!" Selena shouted at her from across the lobby. "Where've you b-"
She paused as she saw Jake holding her hand.
Oh hell no. Not this again.
She ran up to her and grabbed her arm.
"Let me take you home okay?" She urged, eyeing Jake in her peripheral vision.
"It alright Jake's going to drive me." Taylor mumbled quietly.
She knew she was making a mistake. How was she even letting this guy touch her after what he'd done. Selena had half a mind to tackle him to the floor right then and there. After all he'd put her through.
She flashed-back to countless nights spent with Taylor crying in her arms, trying so hard not to return his calls. He'd cheated on her, hit her, lied to her multiple times and she just kept falling right back under his spell.
"Are you sure?" She spat through gritted teeth. She wanted to make sure she in no way seemed like she approved of this.
"I'll be fine."
Famous last words.