I walked out I said I'm setting you free

"So," Harry began as they began to make their way out. "What does this mean?" He stepped  in front of the door blocking her way.
"Jesus Harry. Can we please just not." She tilted her head to its side and squeezed her eyes shut, begging him not to push the topic any further. 
Harry closed the door.
"What do you mean?"
He'd thought he'd finally gotten through to her. Was she seriously going to block him out again?After all that.
" Just- please don't be this way."
She reached for the door but he stepped to block her.
"No." He replied blatantly.
"Harry open the door."
She reached again but he held his ground.
"I'm not leaving untill I know where we go from here."
She stepped back, biting her lip and looking up at the ceiling.
" Don't you understand? Nothing! Nothing else can happen after this."
Harry felt his heart drop into his stomach. He was loosing her. He'd come so far, he wasn't ready to give up on her yet. Something about her was just so mesmerising. He couldn't stay away if he wanted to.
" Why? What changed?" He stepped forward and reached for her hands but she brushed them away. He could see tears swelling up in her eyes.
" Harry, what do want me to say? Do you think this is easy for me?"
She was avoiding eye contact but he was determined for her to stay with him. If she went back to the other Taylor, the fake Taylor he wouldn't have a chance. But right now she was still reachable. He could see it in her eyes. She wanted him to stay.
"Well if it's so hard, why are you doing it?"
He grabbed her hands and this time she let him. She looked down at their fingers intertwining before dropping his hands and turning her back to him.
" It's not that simple." She muttered.
Harry scrambled around to her side to meet her eyes.
" It could be."
But it was too late. The light had dropped from her eyes. The Taylor he loved was gone. She was back to the heartless, cruel business Taylor that he wouldn't never be able to get to.
" Look. I tried to say it nicely." She looked up at him defiantly.
"Tonight was a mistake-"
"You know that's not true-" He began but she cut him off.
"Except it is. Truth is I'm really just not that into. I tried to give you hints."
"Taylor."He couldn't believe what she was saying. It wasn't true. It couldn't be true.
"I slept with you because I felt bad and I thought that if I did you'd finally back off."
They both just stood there. In silence. He didn't want to believe it but it made sense. He should've known she didn't feel the way he did. How had he let himself be so used. Made such a fool out of.
"So will you just leave me alone now."
"You know what?" Harry took a step away from her.
"I really thought- I really felt like I was starting to fall for you."
Taylor opened her mouth slightly, in shock. She looked like she was about to cry.
"I thought this could've really been something. But I guess I was wrong. You're not who I thought you were. And if it's really what you want I'll leave you alone. I would've been there for you.
So congratulations. You just lost a friend."
"Harry-"
He bumped her shoulder with his as he walked to the door.
"You'll never have to see me again."
~~~~
Taylor watched the door slam as he left. She waited a couple seconds before sinking to the floor and beginning to cry. Why? Why did this have to happen to her?
"You did the right thing." She muttered to herself. " It had to be done."
It was the truth but it didn't stop her from crying. That might've been the hardest thing she'd ever had to do.
She couldn't stop thinking about how hurt he'd looked. His puppy eyes flashed through her head even when she shut her eyes tight.
She'd wanted him to stay so bad but she knew she couldn't. She'd learned her lesson from Jake.  Besides, she'd just worked so hard to get Connor to ask her out to try and clear her image. She had no idea how she was going to get him back after what had just happened. But she had to. She couldn't have another public breakup. And so soon after they'd started dating. She'd be a joke. Her reputation would get even worse if that was even possible. Taylor had to forget about Harry. What she felt didn't matter anymore. And this was the life she chose. Harry was just one price she'd have to pay. A very, very hard one.
~~~~~~
Harry sat staring out the window of his London house. Watching the rain pour down onto the street. The patter of it on his window sill was so soothing.
He scrolled through YouTube searching for some funny video to cheer him. What he found was quite the opposite. His heart sank as his finger hovered over a video of Taylor performing on her speak now tour. Betty Davis Eyes.
*/listen to Taylor's cover of this song for better effect:*
He loved that song. It had been almost a week now since he'd seen her but he couldn't stop her face from showing up everywhere he looked.
He knew he should've been trying to forget her but it hadn't worked so far and it was one of his favourite songs so he clicked on the video.
It was a fan video, all shaky and filled with crowd screaming but he wasn't focusing on that. " The Camera was fixed on one of the stadiums screens that was zoomed in on Taylor's face. She looked so beautiful. Her blue eyes shone with the lights of the light-up bracelets and her smile. She was smiling this open mouth, teeth showing smile that really just. She looked so pure and beautiful. Like a childish angel.

 Like a childish angel

Her voice sounded so angelic and soft but also painful and powerful

Her voice sounded so angelic and soft but also painful and powerful. He was blown away. He'd seen her perform at award shows but never really- not acoustically like this. She was actually really really fucking talented. He was usually one to question how someone really becomes famous but with Taylor. It was different. She really had something special. Harry turned his phone off. Stop thinking about her. He scolded himself. She was a bitch to you and is really messed up. She clearly has a lot of problems and he was lucky to have dodged a bullet. The more he said it the less he believed it. He was still in love with her.
But there was no use it that now.
*door bell ring*
Harry glanced at the pouring rain.
"Who the fuck-?"
Harry, reluctantly pulled himself off the couch and to the door. He opened it and his breath was literally taken away.
It was Taylor. Soaking wet. With her eyes red and makeup all smudged from crying. She took a gulp before speaking shakily.
" Can I come in?"