Chapter Twenty Two: Please.

Start bij het begin

The next part of the night is one big blur. I remember feeling like I was dead inside as he robbed me of my own body and took everything in me with so little effort.

I screamed and screamed and the pain just kept getting worse and worse. I was punched, beaten up, kicked. And then pinned to the bed again to be crushed again, hurt again.

It felt like years and just seconds all at once. That's when the door swung open and lights of red and white streamed into the dark room. I could hear people. Lots of people. Sirens wailed in the distance. Voices of what felt like hundreds of different frequencies filled my ringing ears.

I was floating now. My body was no longer there. I was numb, my mind blank, my vision filled with nothing but alternating lights and then darkness, and then lights again. The pain had gone away a long time ago. I was no longer material. Just energy, somehow existing, but would rather just not exist anymore. I couldn't move anymore either. My arms were broken. My legs were broken. My head felt light and dizzy.

Somewhere in all that movement, I could hear just one voice way too clearly. She was crying.

"Please make sure she's okay. She can't die. She can't die! Please! I love her, damn it! I love her. God, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

I got off of Brielle and collapsed beside her, breathing heavily. We stayed that way for a while in companiable silence.

"Brie. . ."

"Hm?"

"I have to tell you something."

"Okay. . ."

"I. . . Fuck. Okay, I cheated on you. Twice."

There was silence. She was staring up at the ceiling, lying on her back. 

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry, Brie-"

"I know."

"Wh-what?"

She tilted her face towards me, locking eyes with me, still serious.

"I know that you cheated on me."

"How. . ."

"Well, I saw the hickey below your ear and I never gave you one. So. . . and besides, I know for a fact that you're into that Sam girl."

"I'm not. . ."

"Don't deny it, Harley. Ignorance is bliss and all, but there's a limit to that shit."

I looked at her and smiled feebly, apologetically.

She let out an amused chuckle.

"Look, I like you, Harley, I do. But I don't think we're that great together. You made me realize that I like girls too and you helped figure out a lot of the things that I know I like now. I'll always be thankful. I just think it's best if we stay friends, anyway."

A genuine smile spread across my face.

"Thanks, Brie. I hope you find somebody, though."

She smiled back at me and then went back to staring up at the ceiling.

"Oh, I know I will. I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna get with all this?" she said, pointing at herself.

I laughed. "You're right about that."

"I'm right about everything, hun," she said.

We laughed a little and then there was silence again.

"You should tell Sam how you feel, Harley. Don't let yourself ruin what you can have with her. She's a great girl," she continued.

"How would you know?"

"Well, let's just say I have my sources. And stalkers."

I stared at her wide-eyed.

"What the fuck?" I breathed out.

She chuckled, a glint of pure evil and mischief shining in her eyes. I grinned at her amusedly, as comfort washed over me and a certain amount of positivity regarding a special someone washed over me, too.

***

Hey!

Let me just say that I absolutely love all of your comments. They keep me going and they make my day.

Lots of love to ya ❤

Also, thank you so much for 47K+ reads and all of the votes! I remember starting this book and thinking to myself that I'll be lucky if I get at least a fifty. Wow. Thank you, once again, for all the nice messages and ideas and suggestions. They help more than one might think.

Also, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Lemme know what you think :)

Love,

queenred